Just had a Bus lane charge notice in the post - my first one

Wow! As if anyone would use this idiot to do a job for them after all this. Does anyone on here actually know what name he works under as I'd take great delight in shopping him to every possible authority!

Ask him to come and do a move for you and have the authorities waiting in your house, it could be a sheffield forum roque traders set up, you could be that alwright person :D

Thanks Planner. No notice is on the council website for the Queens Road one and thats my point. The council website says

"Priority will be given to introducing camera enforcement at West Street / Glossop Road. However, other sites will become enforceable sooner than a scheme can be designed for Glossop Road. Such sites include Spital Hill. Advance notice will be given on this website before new enforcement sites are added."

Clearly Council information is wrong on the website. No notice was given for Queens Road but it has for the others so is this fair to anyone being served a PCN for Queens Road.

That's not quite correct. There is no mention of Queens Rd on that particular page of the website. My recollection is that the introduction of camera enforcement on Queens Rd was notified on other pages on their website, but it seems that they did not update the general bus lane enforcement information page. I've pointed this out to my old coleagues at SCC and they advise that the web page you mention will be updated.

It is of course good practice to keep your web pages up to date, but this does not have any impact on the legality of enforcing any bus lane not mentioned on that page. The information process they follow, by putting up large notices on-street and issuing warning notices for an extended period, far exceeds any legal minimum requirement for notice to be given.

Ask him to come and do a move for you and have the authorities waiting in your house, it could be a sheffield forum roque traders set up, you could be that alwright person :D

It's a thought! But I'm serious if anyone wants to pm me....

There is one thing about the cameras that I don't like

That is this notion that you can go in prohibited roads/lanes so long as there hasn't been a long campaign about it or if the sun shines in a particular way off the sign at 12:51:38.

Why is the standard road sign not enough any more?

I was just thinking as a bit of a side point.

It's incredible how some drivers are sign blind when there is a sign giving an instruction or order that they don't like. eg 30 mph, bus lane restrictions, parking restrictions etc.

But they can spot the ones with no difficulty at all when its a sign they like, usually one which increases the limit, and then they can complain at great length about the driver in front who's doing under the said limit...

So not only have you signalled your intention of avoiding a fixed penalty notice, you've admitted to fraud, smoking in someone elses vehicle, and now tax evasion and aiding in the benefit fraud of others.

1/ Correct , ive no intention of paying ,what is basically a begging letter from the council.

2/ It is not fraud to be the driver of a vehicle that is registered in someone elses name. It is perfectly legal.

3/ If i wish to smoke in my van , i will do. The last time i checked ,we hadnt yet become a communist state in Britain.

4/I pay all my taxes ,and contributions ,and my vehcile is taxed,tested,and insured .

5/If i hire someone for a couple of hours work to help me , i pay them cash in hand ,on a self employed basis . its up to them if they declare it or not .;)

Now , attack me if you wish on my decision not to pay this council demand for money ,but everything to do with my business is legal and above board.

Wow! As if anyone would use this idiot to do a job for them after all this. Does anyone on here actually know what name he works under as I'd take great delight in shopping him to every possible authority

See my last post.

Please, tell me which authoritys ? As i have said , disagree with my decision to not pay this council demand for money , but everything else conerning my business is legal and above board. Sorry if that dissopoints you.

3/ If i wish to smoke in my van , i will do. The last time i checked ,we hadnt yet become a communist state in Britain.

Poor way to run a removal business. Really hope it wasn't you that did my house move :/

See my last post.

Please, tell me which authoritys ? As i have said , disagree with my decision to not pay this council demand for money , but everything else conerning my business is legal and above board. Sorry if that dissopoints you.

You smoke in someone else (as you have 'sold' it) work vehicle which is against the law, you have ofset your assets, which can be seen in a court of law as a way to avoid payment of debts etc (which is exactly why you have done it and have admitted to it).

It seems you have gone out of your way to avoid paying £60 for driving you vehicle in a bus lane, good job you didnt have a crash in the bus lane as insurance companies like to get out of paying out, and would surley have looked at it as though you was driving outside of your rights in your insurance, much like if you drive your car off road or on a race track :)

I don't think you have a chance of getting away with a PCN by going "yes the signage was all correct, yes the times were correct, yes I did drive through there at the time shown, yes the camera was working, yes the road markings were correct, but you can't fine me because it wasn't listed on the council's information website".

Strangely enough though this is the kind of excuse rich lawyers use to get footballers out of speeding fines. I'm not saying it would work but it's small loopholes that lawyers exploit to get people off blatant wrong-doing

Strangely enough though this is the kind of excuse rich lawyers use to get footballers out of speeding fines. I'm not saying it would work but it's small loopholes that lawyers exploit to get people off blatant wrong-doing

Yep - Invited the offender to attend the Anvil pub tues eve and buy me a pint in exchange for one of those loopholes.

He hasnt attended in the alloted time to collect his "point of law" - "legal technicality" and in line with council procedures he will now need to double up and buy me 2 pints..........

It would need to be a legal requirement though, not just a statement of intent from the council that they didn't fulfil, and it's not a legal requirement.