May be losing access to field on lowedges

today i was leaving the culdesac at the end of lowedges rd by the firestation, when i noticed two workmen from a kia van measuring the gap onto the field behind the fire station which i presume was to fence it off. Anyone who takes this shortcut to bradway or who takes a walk across the golf coarse with or without a dog looks like his access will be closed.The field has a style at the other side to gain access onto a public footpath accross the dore and totly golf coarse.The grass on this field is cut regulary by a council tractor which gains access through this gap.I wonder if they reolise that the field will just go wild if left unkept.And if they reolise they will be closing a right of way.Does anyone have any knowledge of this.

Don't know the particulars of this site, but if you have enjoyed 'permissive' right of way for 20 years, fight to keep it open.

Have you asked any one what they were doing you assume they are fencing off could they be putting a new style in ?

There's a definitive map of all public rights of way in Sheffield. You can consult it in the Local Studies library. Might be worth a look?

Have you asked any one what they were doing you assume they are fencing off could they be putting a new style in ?

or just a gate.