The Queens Hotel, Scotland Street

4 hours ago, Robin-H said:

I've just answered my own question. The proposal does indeed necessitate the entire demolition of the Queens Head pub. Sheffield Council say that because the building is not listed, and it is not within a conservation area, there is nothing that can be done to prevent its demolition. 

In reality, I'm sure the council could prevent its demolition if they wanted to. 

I'm sure the Council would be pleased to hear your advice on how they could prevent the demolition without incurring expensive legal costs when they are challenged.

1 hour ago, max said:

I'm sure the Council would be pleased to hear your advice on how they could prevent the demolition without incurring expensive legal costs when they are challenged.

A combination of local listing and an Article 4 Direction to require planning permission for the demolition of non-designated heritage asset  by removing the demolition rights under part 11 of the GDPO. 

On 17/10/2019 at 19:30, Robin-H said:

A combination of local listing and an Article 4 Direction to require planning permission for the demolition of non-designated heritage asset  by removing the demolition rights under part 11 of the GDPO. 

That's useful, you're posting that information on a forum in the hopes that somebody from the council will see it.

Had our engagement party there in November 1967.Was a nice place then. Allthough all my family came from the area it was never my local we visited Sheffield a couple of years ago and had a  look at the place shame it is like it is.Ian