Acne cure - Oil of Evening Primrose

I just thought I'd post about my experience in treating acne. I came off the pill 5 months ago and since then my skin has been terrible. After looking at creams and potions and into herbal remedies I read that Oil of Evening Primrose can rebalance your hormones and help acne. I have been taking it for just over a week and the results are astounding. I would never have thought this would work but my skin has nearly cleared up and is a lot less greasy. I would advise anyone struggling with acne to at least give this a try as it's worked wonders on my skin.

Edited by virgoen18
spelling

btw - your signature - chocolate brings me out in spots, as do chips, tea tree oil on my skin, and any shower gels with a blue colour (which is a nuisance as those are the flavours I like best!)

I hope it helps. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but for me it's made a big difference to my skin. Good luck with it!

where did you get it from and how do you apply it?

Sorry I wasn't very clear was I. The Oil of Evening Primrose the supplement is what I'm taking. You can buy it in most places. They look just like cod liver oil capsules.

ah right, i've taken the capsules before for period pains, but am willing to try again - are you taking one a day???

am pregnant at the moment and my skin is awful (more than usual) due to not being on the Pill, so any natural ideas are welcome!

I take one a day. My skin has been absolutely terrible since I came off the pill and I wanted to have a natural remedy instead of filling my body with chemicals. All I can say is that it's helped me. I'm sure it won't work for everyone and not get rid of every last spot but it's stopped me getting the painful cyst like spots all over my chin. If you have nothing to lose it's well worth a try. Hope it works for you :)

... am pregnant at the moment...
It also helps with post natal depression, and hormonal mood swings. I was put on double the usual dose just after having H

if pregnant i would check if its safe to take. thanks for the tip, i will be taking these aswell, as have suffered from acne since 21 and now im 30 and still got bad skin.

im going to try this thanks! Ive been on Accutane that i have to get prescribed every month from the derm but it has terrible side effects so im taking a break from it