Registry office format

Little confused

So partner and I have to meet in ceremony room to check details.

Does everyone else then just come in with us in there? If we come back out all the guests will have already seen us wont they, so no point in my Dad then walking me in is there?

How does it work?

when I went to my friends this is what happened:

All your guests sit and wait in the holding area outside the ceremony rooms, they call your name and you and your groom go in and sign the stuff. You (the bride) then have the choice to come back out and all your guests go in. You can then do the walk in with your dad!

As you point out though-yeah everyone does see you including your groom!

Its a bit silly really as when we asked about it when they go out to venues they always do it seperate-the groom half an hour before ceremony and the bride 5 mins before. Why they can't have a room to do that there I don't know! Led to us forking out for a venue!

Hi myself and my partner booked our wedding yesterday at the Sheffield Registry Office ( town hall ) for August next year and after reading all the print it said that me and the groom have to go into a separate room to sign papers, I was a bit miffed as i thought the groom wasnt allowed to see you until you walk down the isle and also i want my dad to give me away why they carnt do this separatly il never know but i dont think its right. Even though after signing the papers i can still walk in with my dad it wont be the same as if the groom had never seen me :(

Its exactly as Jobean says, however its fine on the day.

To get the tradition feel, and make your grand entrance, why not make sure the groom is already inside the register office with the guests, (assuming Sheffield, its a wonderful place to make an entrance in) then you walk in last with your father and bridesmaids, rather than meeting outside as so many seem to do?

Thanks everyone.

Will do what you say Jayemm and have the grand entrance before

My husband and I got married at the registry office on Monday :love:

It did bother me during the run up that he would see me beforehand but once the time came I can honestly say it didn't bother me. He was waiting for me inside with guests and we have a few mins together before going in to do the final details.

He then stayed in the room and the guests were invited in. Me, my Dad, Page-boy and Flower girl all waited outside the room till the music started, my Dad then walked me down the aisle.

It was perfect but I could have got married at Sheffield Council tip and I wouldn't have cared! :love:

Enjoy your big day x

It did bother me during the run up that he would see me beforehand but once the time came I can honestly say it didn't bother me. He was waiting for me inside with guests and we have a few mins together before going in to do the final details.

He then stayed in the room and the guests were invited in. Me, my Dad, Page-boy and Flower girl all waited outside the room till the music started, my Dad then walked me down the aisle.

It was perfect but I could have got married at Sheffield Council tip and I wouldn't have cared! :love:

Enjoy your big day x

Im so glad you had a lovely day it sounds like you are very happy and with your quote im looking forward to mine next year me and my partner were talking about this the other night and he suggested that he put sumat over his eyes so he couldent see me lol but i am getting married to a joker but he worth every breath i take he amazing and makes everyone laugh and smile my wedding day carnt come soon enough we already booked and payed deposit for most things so everything will be paid off by Feb 2012 then chill out time till big day x

Enjoy your big day x

Thats lovely!

I'm not that bothered really, but know it would mean a lot to my Dad to walk me in. I just wasn't sure it would work with everyone having seen me beforehand, but they way you describe it makes it clear it can work. So thank you, I will get my Dad to walk me in :thumbsup: