Did anyone go to St Maries school on Edmund Rd

My mum used to go to St. Maries. What years are you talking about?

Yes i went to st maries on edmund road leaving there to go to st pauls on granville.

Originally posted by scout

My mum used to go to St. Maries. What years are you talking about?

1940s to 49

I went there from 1961 to 1966 and i can remember sitting behind jim mcalliogs sister while he was playing for wednesday

I think my mum would have been there around that time. Her origignal school was bombed during the war. Her name is May Proctor any recollections?

Any go to St Maries RC

I went to St Maries in the mid 50s, and I would have been going into Miss Worths class, but we moved to Hackenthorpe, where I went to St John Fisher

I went to st maries mid 50's and went to notre dame with moira hempstock, pat ryalls and mary west, remember kevin dempsey and robert sheffield, moved to sheffield from leeds and went into sr peters then miss worths is the old place still standing? it seemed archaic then.

I went to St Maries early to mid 50's but don't remember much about it(only the nun's carrying table tennis bats to belt you with!)..... wasn't there long as we moved out of Sheffield.......

Miss worth had a bat with a hole in the middle it used to whistle as it powered down GULP!

I went to St Maries early to mid 50's but don't remember much about it(only the nun's carrying table tennis bats to belt you with!)..... wasn't there long as we moved out of Sheffield.......

My wife who was Anne Shaw then, went there in 1951.

Myself and my 2 sisters went there Margaret, Glenys and Yvonne Kelly. Sister Mary was evil..........................................................................................

I went there in 63 for 6 months and moved to Foxhill so went to ST Thomas Mores at Grenoside. The nuns were evil there too. Sister Brendan 4 foot tall but jeeez she was an evil old B-----d . Now as I have grown up I realise how nasty the nuns were.