Slimming World Bread Info Required

Hi,

Is anyone doing Slimming World?

I'm wanting to know if Hovis Best of Both bread is the same as Wholemeal?

I use 2 slices of Wholemeal most days as a healthy extra but would like to swap to Best of Both but i'm worried about gaining weight

Thanks!!

:)

I shouldn't think it is - not enough fibre. If you are a member you can log onto the SW website and it will tell you if it can be used as a healthy B choice;)

I'm confused as the nutrional info is very similar, am doing it myself so i'm not a member so i cant log on anywhere to ask

B choices go on the amount of fibre and Best of Both is unlikely to have the same amount of fibre as wholemeal.

Thanks, i'm a bit new to all of this, there is slightly less fibre on the 'best of both' compared to the wholemeal - maybe i'll have it as an odd treat

Thanks, i'm a bit new to all of this, there is slightly less fibre on the 'best of both' compared to the wholemeal - maybe i'll have it as an odd treat

Yes its only wholemeal bread you can count as a B choice....you can have it but it would have to be counted as syns :)

it has to be wholemeal bread and dont forget its only the small slices (small 400g loaf)

4 syns per slice I think

I've got to say, if you want this plan to work for you then you need to go to group. People think they're saving themselves a cpl of quid by doing the diet at home and what they save in money they waste in time, because it very rarely works.

I wish you the best of luck because I know how it feels to be over weight, but the main part of the plan is the group sessions, not the diet.

Hi,

I've just checked their website and its 4.5 syns per slice (medium sliced) and 5.5 syns per slice (thick sliced).

I agree whole heartedly with FatDave - that was one of the reasons why I was not willing to go and find you the information. Staying to group is the most effective way of losing the weight :)

Thanks for the posts guys, its working at home for me tremendously so i think the groups at a fiver a week or whatever are a complete waste of money when all you go for is to get weighed - just my opinion.