Pectin - anyone know where I can get it?

I'm making jam and have just one small sachet of Tate n Lyles powdered pectin left from last year. It's perfect for what I want but Waitrose have stopped selling it this year, Tesco don't stock it (only the bottled juice version with all sorts of other stuff in as well - which is not what I want), Netto's almost empty (closing down), and then I gave up trawling around. I need more of this stuff - anyone got any ideas where I could buy it? Would be very grateful - a jar of blackcurrant jam grateful in fact.

Have you looked at just using "Jam Sugar" with the pectin already in?

I used to make Jam and I always used Jam sugar - you can get it in abundance from any major supermarket, just check the back of a packet and it will tell you what type you need depending on what jam you make.

Thanks guys for your advice about jam sugar. Unfortunately the fruit is already mixed up with the right amount of sugar - I just went to my cupboard for the pectin and found I didn't have enough

I looked for this last week. T&L's website says Co-op, Morrison and Tesco sell it, but I couldn't find it in any of our local ones. I ended up using jam sugar, as they didn't even have Certo.

Otherwise, make your own pectin with lemons/apples. There's a recipe on the River Cottage website I think.

Thanks Feargal - I'm making my own right now.

I used to make my own wine, and got pectin from a homebrew shop. There arnt many such shops around now, but you also try Boots or any large chemists.

MSK food ingredients sell it mate, we use them in catering via mail order but i think the shop is in dronfield and i'm pretty sure you can walk in and buy..

01246 412211

google - "MSK - Food Ingredients"

I dont have enough posts to add a web link apparantly!

They sell some pretty crazy stuff in there too!

try Lakeland and Meadowhall they do lots of preserve makung stuff including pectin, but it may be the bottled stuff!

A quick glance on MSK's website gives a price of £9.99 for 200g, with free P&P.

Wilkinsons, back of the store in the homebrew section....

(Might just be pectolase)

Brew shot on Abbey Lane - Woodseats end may have it