Who buys furniture from Ponsford?

A few years ago I bought a huge leather bean bag for £120!! I cringe when I think about it now.

theyr easy too make

How much to spend on a decent sewing machine? ;)

There is some decent leather to be found in skips every now and then!

I was surprised to read some negative comments about Ponsfords - obviously by people who have never shopped there - and they certainly don't sell toasters.

I originally made the assumption that the store was for people with bags of money, but it just isn't so.

I enjoy the quality of John Lewis but find Ponsfords far superior and having purchased a package from there including sofas ,curtains and carpets at very competetive prices that John Lewis couldn't match, and having brilliant service from all those involved I can't help but highly recommend the place - I am not wealthy - but hopefully pretty shrewd - you can also get 0% interest free finance for 10 months - a no brainer!

Are you sure? When I purchased my suite from John Lewis's I'd agreed to pay the price and then on paying, the sales assistant came back to me and told me that at the moment Pondsfords had an offer on that meant my suite would cost 10% less there, so they immediately knocked that off my purchase. I wouldn't have even known.

I was surprised to read some negative comments about Ponsfords - obviously by people who have never shopped there - and they certainly don't sell toasters.

I originally made the assumption that the store was for people with bags of money, but it just isn't so.

I enjoy the quality of John Lewis but find Ponsfords far superior and having purchased a package from there including sofas ,curtains and carpets at very competetive prices that John Lewis couldn't match, and having brilliant service from all those involved I can't help but highly recommend the place - I am not wealthy - but hopefully pretty shrewd - you can also get 0% interest free finance for 10 months - a no brainer!

Another first time poster plugging his employers store - on commission are we?:hihi:

Are you sure? When I purchased my suite from John Lewis's I'd agreed to pay the price and then on paying, the sales assistant came back to me and told me that at the moment Pondsfords had an offer on that meant my suite would cost 10% less there, so they immediately knocked that off my purchase. I wouldn't have even known.

John Lewis price promise knowingly never undersold apparentley

People keep settees for 14yrs!!!! Wow...

I bought a Peter Guild settee from the January sale at Coles 24 years ago (I believe Ponsfords also stocked them as well) I had it recovered about 8 years ago by M Keeney, upholsterers who did a fantastic job and its still in excellent condition and no doubt when eventually it wears will have it recovered again

Oh's Grandad has a Pondsford sideboard, that he says he paid £50 for 50 years ago Bloody expensive! But it still looks good as new :)

me if i could afford it i will be there when i win euro lottery

Having recently looked in Ponsfords, I then ended up buying several pieces of furniture from the nearby antiques emporiums and shops. A lot cheaper, better quality wood work, and aesthetically more pleasing on the eye. One of the problems with their so called period furniture is that it does not look like the real thing.

In all honesty I've never felt compelled to walk through the door because looking in through the windows is like going back in time and looking into my dearly departed old grannies house. I'm sure it's all good quality gear but it's just not my cup of tea and a tad pricey to boot, I don't want my furniture to last forever I prefer to maintain a fresh contemporary look.

Horses for courses, I'll probably give em some business in my senior years.

In all honesty I've never felt compelled to walk through the door because looking in through the windows is like going back in time and looking into my dearly departed old grannies house. I'm sure it's all good quality gear but it's just not my cup of tea and a tad pricey to boot, I don't want my furniture to last forever I prefer to maintain a fresh contemporary look.

Horses for courses, I'll probably give em some business in my senior years.

They do have the more modern side of the store too - Theres the row of Pondsford shops, with the old looking stuff, then a bridge connecting them to that building on the opposite side of the side road (with the Big brother looking furniture), which is also Pondsford ;)