Is it illegal to have 4 dots tattooed on knuckles ?

I saw what I think was an old ex skinhead on Saturday with tattoos everywhere, on his right hand he had 4 very obvious 'dots' on his knuckles, I mentioned this to one of my mates in the pub and he told me what they meant and that they were illegal, does anyone know if this is true ? What they meant I mean and are they illegal or was he pulling my plonker ??

I dont think they are illegal, just an identification mark of a ****.

No idea what they're supposed to mean, but surely it can't be illegal to have a tattoo??

Most tattoo artists won't do hands these days anyway...

The 4 dots mean the same thing as another acronym often seen tatooed as "ACAB".

That stands for "All Coppers Are ********", and the dots on the knuckles basically represent the same sentiment.

Edited by medusa
language!

There's a bloke in sheffield with ACAB tattooed on his forehead - so cannot see anyone being too bothered about a few dots.

There's a bloke in sheffield with ACAB tattooed on his forehead - so cannot see anyone being too bothered about a few dots.

I wonder if he has problems with members of the public trying to flag him down on a Saturday night?

I wonder if he has problems with members of the public trying to flag him down on a Saturday night?

Suppose it depends on his hearing and if he is in the multicultural quarter of the city.

no its not illegal as its just 4 dots..........if you had the actual words then i think you might be in a spot of bother

no its not illegal as its just 4 dots..........if you had the actual words then i think you might be in a spot of bother

The bloke with ACAB tattooed on his forehead doesn't have much of a problem, so if he doesn't then I can't imagine that anyone with the dots would have an issue.

He's rather a nice chap BTW, and is the first to volunteer help anytime you need it :)

if you had the words tattooed on your knuckles you would have to have mighty big hands

The 4 dots mean the same thing as another acronym often seen tatooed as "ACAB".

That stands for "All Coppers Are B*******", and the dots on the knuckles basically represent the same sentiment.

Do you have to rub the dots off to see the letters like you do on a scratchcard?.

if you had the words tattooed on your knuckles you would have to have mighty big hands

i think All & Are would fit on ok, just the other two you'd need deformed knuckles to fit it on