Stuart Edwards Story - Sheffield Star

It always amazes me that the defence in sexual assault cases often use the "his marriage became sexless" gambit. This is so far removed from being an adequate explanation for predatory behaviour, I find it difficult to imagine how it could evoke sympathy and encourage leniency. Without wishing to be crude, there is a well known and widely practiced method for relieving the frustration incurred by enforced celibacy.

But does the defence actually work? Are judges and jurys so ignorant and medieval in their views, it contributes to weak sentencing for cunning sexual psychopaths?

I think it is disgusting that he only got 4 years people like him should be locked up and the key thrown away, if you robbed a bank you would get a hell of a lot longer (I am not aggreeing to people robbing banks I must add).

The justice system in England is just wrong!!!!!

Of course it is, successive governments have shown they place more importance on money being stolen than the welfare of the people of this country. People lives should be put first, not money.

A 4 year sentence is disgusting, so he was committing his crimes for 6 years more than what he is going to be punished for, and that's assuming he serves his full term, which let's face it he won't. Disgusting.

A 4 year sentence is disgusting, so he was committing his crimes for 6 years more than what he is going to be punished for, and that's assuming he serves his full term, which let's face it he won't. Disgusting.

Even worse than that - He was involved with one family for ten years, but was involved in his sexual crimes and deception for 30+...

Oh yes, the ten year thing just stuck in my head, even more disgusting then.

36 years linzday!

Oh dear, I did read the story honestly! Clearly my brain has gone to bed before my body!

i find this disgusting, i can't understand how he got away with it for so long

i find this disgusting, i can't understand how he got away with it for so long

At a guess, i'd say their English wasn't good. They probably just accepted it as being 'the way we do things' so didn't/couldn't report it. Utter scumbag....

They should bring back hanging for people like this,Especially for the acts with children.

How does a young lad from england get arrested for hacking into the fbi,and is looking at a sentence of 3 concurrent life sentences if he is deported,and people like this will be out in 3 years max?

There is a convicted peadophile near us, he is known as such and has been known for over 15 years, in that time he has been arrested for sexual offences at least twice to my knowledge, the most recent case even made a national magazine, yet he still lives in the same house,very close to a school, has a panic alarm fitted in his house, has video surveillance cameras around his house, he doesn't work so who has /is paying for all of this....Us lot.

A paedophile looks at children the same way a single man/woman(or poss married) looks at other fit men/women. It can't be rehabilitated out of them.

JUST CULL THEM ALL.

yes, cull...cos they're animals.

There is a convicted peadophile near us, he is known as such and has been known for over 15 years, in that time he has been arrested for sexual offences at least twice to my knowledge, the most recent case even made a national magazine, yet he still lives in the same house,very close to a school, has a panic alarm fitted in his house, has video surveillance cameras around his house, he doesn't work so who has /is paying for all of this....Us lot.

Was he charged and convicted on the two occasions he was arrested?