Who's got the fastest non-fibre broadband connection?

They apply STM to all of their packages during peak times though which affects p2p and newsgroups.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.html

"Customers with Broadband size: XXL (50Mb) – your downstream usage excluding file sharing traffic (see below) remains unaffected and we'll soon be increasing your upload speeds from 1.5Mb to 5Mb. However during peak times we'll need to slow you back to 1.75Mb if your upload usage is particularly high. "

I don't use these so it doesn't affect me in anyway but may be a consideration for some.

You can only upload something like 8GB at peek times. Everything is unlimted.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy.html

You can only upload something like 8GB at peek times. Everything is unlimted.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy.html

Yes, my point is that p2p and newsgroup protocols are shaped during peak times, thus lowering the speeds significantly. This is on all of their packages.

"File sharing

We moderate the total volume of file sharing traffic on our network between 5pm and midnight on weekdays and midday and midnight on weekends. This policy, which applies to all broadband packages, is restricted to Peer to Peer ("P2P") applications and Newsgroups (which are commonly used to distribute large amounts of data)

This policy does not impact any applications other than Peer to Peer and Newsgroups, so things like watching iPlayer, online gaming, making calls via Skype, downloading music tracks from iTunes or streaming them from Spotify and sending an email or normal browsing are unaffected.

It's important to remember that these traffic management policies only apply at peak times when speeds are most likely to be affected by people using more than their fair share. Outside of peak times we do not manage traffic."

Yes, my point is that p2p and newsgroup protocols are shaped during peak times, thus lowering the speeds significantly. This is on all of their packages.

"File sharing

We moderate the total volume of file sharing traffic on our network between 5pm and midnight on weekdays and midday and midnight on weekends. This policy, which applies to all broadband packages, is restricted to Peer to Peer ("P2P") applications and Newsgroups (which are commonly used to distribute large amounts of data)

This policy does not impact any applications other than Peer to Peer and Newsgroups, so things like watching iPlayer, online gaming, making calls via Skype, downloading music tracks from iTunes or streaming them from Spotify and sending an email or normal browsing are unaffected.

It's important to remember that these traffic management policies only apply at peak times when speeds are most likely to be affected by people using more than their fair share. Outside of peak times we do not manage traffic."

Iv never been shaped. Well not noticable. Im Always playing on the PS3, Gaming, Download, Iplayer etc etc.

What was the date on that policy? It may not inculde XXL

Iv never been shaped. Well not noticable. Im Always playing on the PS3, Gaming, Download, Iplayer etc etc.

What was the date on that policy? It may not inculde XXL

It includes all packages, it is well documented on their own site as well as cableforum etc.

I suspect you will have been shaped but it seems you either haven't read my posts or the links/quotes that I posted :confused:

:|

Im not going to argue about this now. lol

:|

Im not going to argue about this now. lol

No argument, VM make it quite clear that they do it.

With Be I see about 15mb and paying for 24. As soon as Infinity comes out this way that's me!