Ben Needham MEGATHREAD

I would think so.

From this website http://aboutforensics.co.uk/detection-dogs/

"Some dogs are specifically trained to detect dead bodies underwater, with the canine situated on a shoreline or boat. A newer concept is that of historical human remains detection dogs, which are trained to locate historical or archaeological graves."

I don't know if it has been mentioned before as I haven't read through all this thread, but I can't understand how there does not appear to have been any use of sniffer dogs in the search, surely a dog could have done in hours what it has taken officers weeks to achieve.

If it was that simple, don't you think it would/will have been tried?

-

I would think so. They can find bones that are 100s of years old so why not in this situation.

I don't understand how they can say he met his death accidentally when, allegedly, all they have found is a car. Why no bones? With technology today surely something could be done.

My heart goes out to Kerry and her family, 25 years of torture, not knowing, the pain must be unbearable

I think people overestimate things these days too. There probably isn't an app yet that discovers bodies.

-

I did see a programme on BBC4 the other day (though I can't recollect its name) that showed new technology that can [vaguely] read where bodies are in the ground, because the breaking down of the body in the soil alters something that can be traced using water testing the soil. (sorry to be vague)

All that has been found is his car - because he was buried in another spot?

Granma.

But finding a car doesn't prove he is dead does it!

Not exactly proof of life either.

I reckon the trail must have gone cold since Duncan Whatsisface off Calendar has been sent home from his free jolly - looking a little more chubby on his return from Kos me thinks.

Tomorrow Ben Needham the missing Sheffield boy, would have been 30 years old. My thoughts will be with his mother, as I have two sons myself.

42 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Tomorrow Ben Needham the missing Sheffield boy, would have been 30 years old. My thoughts will be with his mother, as I have two sons myself.

Yes i was  working with the family when they went to KOS to work still think about it and what happened

4 minutes ago, spider1 said:

Yes i was  working with the family when they went to KOS to work still think about it and what happened

It’s heartbreaking for his mother isn’t it ?

55 minutes ago, pattricia said:

It’s heartbreaking for his mother isn’t it ?

I think you will find it affected Bens entire family Not just his mother.

14 minutes ago, Waj said:

I think you will find it affected Bens entire family Not just his mother.

I believe he has a sister born after his mother came back home, but I think it will also affect Bens mothers parents who were doing the house up where he disappeared from.

A truly awful event, hard to imagine the pain the Family has had to endure.

Angel1.