Ben Needham MEGATHREAD

Why do the police always go out to Kos just when it starts to get hot in the Med? Bit of a jolly?

is there a better time to go?

is there a better time to go?

Yes, when some evidence turns up.

Yes, when some evidence turns up.

Yes ok i get you, the police should not investigate crimes.

I would not usually post in the defence of the SYP after what we have read in the press about them, BUT surely if these coppers are away from home, after completing a days work they are allowed some relaxation. A meal and a glass of wine and a couple of pints does not make them raging alcoholics and incapable of work the next day.

Who paid for this "entertainment" may be a legitimate question, but surely when away from home, expenses are paid to them.

I think this is a none story, stirred up just to criticise the SYP. Nowt like kicking a man when he is down.

Angel1.

Who paid for this "entertainment" may be a legitimate question, but surely when away from home, expenses are paid to them.

There'll be a budget or set amount to feed and water all the people while they're over there.

Whether they spend it on a pint of lager or a bottle of Evian isn't usually an issue.

From the sounds of it they're being fairly frugal with costs, 67 Euro for dinner and a few drinks??? Thats pretty damn good!

This is a storm in a teacup all started by The Sun newspaper !!

But look at it another way. This story will bring more publicity for The Needam case than what they originally went out for !

Wow a whole £54 in booze between 9 people while having a meal, in which they were sat at the restaurant for quite a while.

They then watched a football match.

If this is a news story then just end the news now.

I believe that Kerry has stood up for the police and asked if the officer can return to Kos, as this is putting the investigation in jeopardy.

Kerry is very upset about the officer being asked to return home.She respected him and they had worked as a team

I'm going to follow a couple of police officers around tonight after they finish work and take photos of them if they go to any pubs then sell them to the Scum..... same difference.

If it's their own downtime and money fair enough, if they are claiming it on expenses then questions need to be asked.

But why do it now, all it does is put a dark cloud over the search for Ben, but then again when have any newspapers with stories such as this ever considered the people involved ?

The Scum ,what a rag . Someone should take action against them

A quote from the article:

"DS Fenwick and up to nine other members of the “Operation Ben” team then came together around 8pm on Tuesday at a local family pizzeria to down more beer and wine.

The restaurant owner said the team downed 17 pints of beer as well as several glasses of wine before paying their 67 Euro bill."

So thats what, just over 2 pints of lager each and maybe 2 glasses of wine each.

Hardly a booze-up, is it? You cant expect them to be over there working 24 hours a day, there are two sides to every story and nobody knows who paid for the alcohol (them or the expenses account).

Wow that's £5.27 apiece split between food and drink in a restauant. Some booze up.

I'm surprised they sell pints of beer in Cos. This being the metric EU and all that. I think what they meant to print was that 10 people between them had 17 glasses of beer and 3 glasses of wine. 2 rounds of drinks amounting to a total of £52.70.

Edited by foxy lady

What a non-story by the Sun again.

I'm glad it's blown up in their faces because no one has fallen for it.

I was listening to the news today half expecting Andy Burnham to put in his 2p worth.