Ben Needham MEGATHREAD

I'm sorry but posting to criticize someone who's done something like that is no way as bad as posting something like that saying he has information about Ben.

Ben was kidnapped 2 decades ago and if you look at this guys posts he lived here then so there is no way he could not have known about Ben. But he's chosen not to bother telling anybody about his suspicions for 12 years.

You are very gullible.

well obviously we dont know the full story... so we will see wont we

we wont here anything else now, hes given the info to Kerry..she can decide wether she thinks its a hoax or not and the police

I am not gullible just hopeful........:|

So, he's been in a remote place for the last 12 years and has never had any opportunity to tell somebody his suspicions alll this time, but he has however had enough time and means of communication to post 3,825 messages on this forum?

I'm sorry, this is a cruel hoaxer.

You cannot say that. let this person give what ever info there is and let someone with qualification to know make that decision. Any info could be important or could at least start of some sort of fresh investigation.

well obviously we dont know the full story... so we will see wont we

we wont here anything else now, hes given the info to Kerry..she can decide wether she thinks its a hoax or not and the police

I am not gullible just hopeful........:|

It has to be investigated on the off chance it's true but I think this is a hoax. I'm sure if Kerry is given some credible information about where Ben might be she'll make it public soon enough.

But personally I think this is some sick person and Kerry is going to not just face Ben's 21st without him, which is bad enough, but also with an inbox full of emails claiming they can find him which will make it even more painful for her.

I don't think he is ... he's just stating a fact.

None of you are in a position to draw that conclusion. How do you know for a FACT that this person does not have anything relevant to say ?

Stop putting them off and let the authorities make the decision.

You cannot say that. let this person give what ever info there is and let someone with qualification to know make that decision. Any info could be important or could at least start of some sort of fresh investigation.

Well lets see if two months down the line there's any news about this.

I hope with all my heart she finds him but I do not believe this person has any credible information.

None of you are in a position to draw that conclusion. How do you know for a FACT that this person does not have anything relevant to say ?

Stop putting them off and let the authorities make the decision.

If this person has any information it's very, very easy to find the authorities to report it to.

The appropriate thing is not to post it on a forum. Especially as he followed up the first post without ever contacting the police.

It has to be investigated on the off chance it's true but I think this is a hoax. I'm sure if Kerry is given some credible information about where Ben might be she'll make it public soon enough.

But personally I think this is some sick person and Kerry is going to not just face Ben's 21st without him, which is bad enough, but also with an inbox full of emails claiming they can find him which will make it even more painful for her.

Even if there was a million emails and just one had some info or some hope then Im sure it would be worth while. Your attitude is she and everyone else should just accept he is gone and there's nothing more to it.

Someone knows something and people have come forward with info to solve crimes decades more than this. Who knows what circumstances may make someone not come forward, maybe they were victims themselves or anything, let them be and see how it pans out.

Even if there was a million emails and just one had some info or some hope then Im sure it would be worth while. Your attitude is she and everyone else should just accept he is gone and there's nothing more to it.

Someone knows something and people have come forward with info to solve crimes decades more than this. Who knows what circumstances may make someone not come forward, maybe they were victims themselves or anything, let them be and see how it pans out.

No I don't think she should give up. I have huge amounts of respect for her and the way she's never given up.

I don't think he is ... he's just stating a fact.

how does he/she know for a fact that fareast is a cruel hoaxer :huh:

and calling someone a 'nutjob' is abit out of order too

Edited by shaznay

how does he/she know for a fact that fareast is a cruel hoaxer :huh:

That wasn't the fact he was referring to. He was referring to the fact the OP says that he did not tell anybody before because he was in a place where it was impossible for him to contact anybody. This is clearly not true as he has posted here almost 4000 times since 2005.

Max the Cat---

Well,you 'rea right little Know-All aren't you ? However,if I were you I 'd learn to read properly......or absorb facts properly, before you let your mouth run away without your brain.

First of all, I left the U.K in 1988, four years before Benwas kidnapped or disappeared. Obviously, over the years, I have seen different appeals about Ben. However, I have taught literally thousands of students, many of whom could have been in some way linked to a ' Ben 'e.g. location, appearance, age........etc....No doubt millions of people have had similar experiences when ANYONE has gone missing. They spot someone who just might be the missing person ?? However if they all took action and started contacting the police, the police would be swamped by such ' guesswork ' and valuable leads might be missed.

I was in that position until a few days ago.Then I saw the S.F. news item re-Kerry 's appeal. The only fairly strong ' possible ' in my mind popped up again and this time I decided to give it a try, but,still feared it might be too weak as hard evidence and merely cause Kerry more anguish.

Your claim that I said I knew Ben 's wherabouts is either you, just being plain thick.....or you don 't read anything properly.......or maybe just to cause a childish stir?

If you 'd ever worked abroad extensively, you 'd know that e-mails are practically universal these days......whereas international telephone calls are often difficult or impossible. I suppose with your brilliant mind,though, you 'd have found a way round that little problem.

One last point-----the U.K. police apparently have had nothing to do with the investigation. My possible ' clue ' originates in Turkey. My guess is that the Turish police wouldn 't have investigated it either. Nor could I suggest anything to the Greek police. So...............obviously, the best person to contact was Kerry herself. I have done that and explained what I know to her. I 've emphasised it MIGHT be very tenuous and that I hope it doesn 't cause her more problems.

Is that o.k.Mr. Know-all or do you want a fuller report ?

It may be 21 years since Ben vanished, but like other posts say, a fresh appeal at a significant time might just jog someones memory. Who's to say that Ben isn't still in Greece after all this time. With the technology of being able to show how he might look now and by putting up this image around the world, you never know who might have fresh information. after all something is better than nothing.

Slightly off thread, look at the times that unsolved crimes have been featured again and again on BBC's Crimewatch that have eventually lead to an arrest and conviction. I saw the last episode of Crimewatch and they re-appealed about the death of PC Keith Blakelock in those riots, and that was 25 years ago. There's always hope.