How much do Howells charge?

I don't know about Howells but Irwin Mitchell charge £150 / hour for a junior solicitor and £250 /hour for the next level up. + VAT (that was March 2011).

My goodness no wonder they all drive expensive cars'

The problem is that representing yourself can cost just as much. As there are different costs payable to the courts directly. So its a difficult situation. I tried to represent myself but it was getting really complicated and one false move and its all over. Plus things tend to get far more heated if you do it yourself.

You might still be entitled to legal aid depending on your earnings find out here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/governmentcitizensandrights/gettinglegaladvice/DG_195314

Edited by clownaround
added a link.

Partners might but most don't. I for instance drive a crap R reg car, and I've been a lawyer for years.

You do realise that although they might charge £150 an hour, they don't get that, or even a tenth of it.

before you consult a robbing over solicitor that will drag your case out for years.

Looking at the ads and links around your posts you clearly have had issues with solicitors.

No solicitors are robbing and they certainly dont "drag out your case for years". They are bound under a duty to the court and regulated by the SRA to act in the best interests of THEIR client.

Get over yourself and stop tainting someone's genuine enquiry thread with your own campaign.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Well my wife certainly doesn't drive an expensive car..

Edited by sskirrrow
posted it twice..

Irwin Mitchell don't do Family law...

They very much do, it's probably the biggest family law department in Yorkshire!

Try " Jeremy Kyle " LOL LOL

Try " Jeremy Kyle " LOL LOL

HAHA My mother is constantly saying she wants to take him on Jeremy Kyle while I'v got more self respect :hihi:

check out the web site "custody minefield" before you consult a robbing over solicitor that will drag your case out for years.

http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/

This is a very informative website that should guide you through with minimal use of a solictitor. Dont forget the longer they keep your case the more money they make.

Please do not involve CAFCASS even if they offer "support" they are a waste of time and have been found unfit for purpose. They will sap every bit self respect you have and drag you through the mud.

You could also try "the sheffield law centre" for free advice.

Its so refreshing to see that you are fully supportive of your child having contact with his Dad. That bit made my day thankyou.

I do everything I can to make sure he see's his son. He refuses to pick him up from my house so I make sure he's at my mums for him to pick him up and let him drop him off there. I always offer for him to have him extra during school holidays but he doesn't always have him more. The problem is everytime I offer him more access I get it thrown in my face and he tells I'm a bad mother :loopy: sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Which is why this time, if he tries to make my life harder I'll go for every other weekend so I can have some fun time with our son and not just to and from school!

Partners might but most don't. I for instance drive a crap R reg car, and I've been a lawyer for years.

You do realise that although they might charge £150 an hour, they don't get that, or even a tenth of it.

Think you need to changes offices!

I know exactly how much some solicitors charge and I know exactly what their take home pay is.

Think you need to changes offices!

I know exactly how much some solicitors charge and I know exactly what their take home pay is.

I suspect you're getting them confused with barristers...

Irwin Mitchell don't do Family law...

When we had to get a solicitor in sept 2010, we went to irwin mitchells, and we were told then that they didn't do family law, perhpas this has changed .