Scam at Firth Park

I was at Firth Park today and was aware of 2 men standing across the road from where I was parked on Beavercotes Road, each were drinking a can of lager, and watching me.

When I started up the car, one crossed the road in front and one crossed behind my car. The one at the back (I was in reverse but was watching him in my rear view mirror so held clutch control) thumped my car and shouted out as if in pain his friend shouted that I had run over his friend.

I was a single female and dread to think what would have happened if I had responded to this and got out of my car.

I have heard of car jackings on the firthpark roundabout, but I have never seen anything out of the ordinary, just sounds like 2 drunken pillocks!

good on you for seeing the situation for what it was. Shame you didn't run him over for real.

did you ring the police, just incase the toe rags decided to really try it on

did you ring the police, just incase the toe rags decided to really try it on

Great minds. :hihi:

It's a trick that has been perfected in the USA. They claim you hurt them and threaten to sue your over expensive vehicle insurance company, or you can give them some money to not sue you. (It is not illegal to ask for money).......Don't you just love how England has become?

It's a trick that has been perfected in the USA. They claim you hurt them and threaten to sue your over expensive vehicle insurance company, or you can give them some money to not sue you. (It is not illegal to ask for money).......Don't you just love how England has become?

But wouldn't this be classed as blackmail or obtaining money by deception which is illegal?

But wouldn't this be classed as blackmail or obtaining money by deception which is illegal?

Yes but have you seen the price of lager, dog food for staffies and baseball caps these days? If it were me I'd just run them over and have done. A jury considering whether to side with two drunken chavs or a lone woman isn't going to deliberate for long.

I lived and hung around firthpark untill i was 18 and i saw alot of fights, stabbing, muggings and scams but have never heard or seen anyone do this, it shows how clever crims are getting, glad i dont live there anymore!

I would have actully ran the guy over lol