[SOLD] Sheffield United song - please help

Guest Guest

could anyone tell me what song they played when the blades scored against liverpool......its killing me trying to think of the title...oh and well done!! :lol:

Do you mean the alternative version of Annie's Song by John Denver

The Greasy Chip Butty Song.

You fill up my senses

like a gallon of Magnet

like a packet of woodbine

like a good pinch of snuff

like a night out in Sheffield

like a greasy chip butty

Oh Sheffield United

come thrill me again

nah nah nah nah nah nah oooh

nah nah nah nah nah nah oooh oooh :D

If you mean the song they play over the PA system when they score, then the song is called Tom Hark by the Piranhas, which was in the charts summer 1980. Ironically this catchy tune was adopted by the Sheffield Wednesday fans at the time, and is still a popular tune to this day at many football grounds up and down the country.

NOTE: the original version was done by a band called Elias and his Zigzag Jive Flutes and charted in 1958.

Interesting Eh........................hope it helps!

Tom Hark by The Piranhas.

I had it up for free download at the www.bhuna.net site

If you still want the mp3, let me know.

www.bhuna.net

The scum always play the theme from the 80's TV series The Proffesionals when they score. God knows why. Probably to remind the swine that they are supposed to celebrate. At Hillsborough you see, we have a crowd with more than a single brain cell each... The Piranahs song? Mate you've never been to a game in your life... Annies' Song? The Pigs sing that when they forget about the Boxing Day Massacre!

BlueOwl said

The Piranahs song? Mate you've never been to a game in your life... Annies' Song?

As a Wednesday fan for 30 years (15 as a season ticket holder) I can assure you I have probably been to more games in my life than you. I think you misunderstood, the question posted by dkc was

could anyone tell me what song they played when the blades scored against liverpool......its killing me trying to think of the title...

Well I was watching United v Liverpool on TV and it sounded very much like they played Tom Hark by the Piranhas to me.

Wednesday fans version circa 1980 after promotion to Division 2

We're the Wednesday

How do you do

Nice to be back in Division Two

We've been been away for far too long

Now we are back to sing this song

da da .......................................

You might not be old enough to remember that BlueOwl

alright mate !

Now now guys, who cares all I know is we will be singing all the way to The Millenium Stadium after 2moro night.

Good result on friday eh Blueowl !!!!!

Apparently the Blades DJ has just released the Piranhas song as a CD.

United fans' new goal celebration song, Tom Harks by the Piranhas,

has proved to be so popular that the club has decided to release a re-mixed version on CD for supporters to buy.

Gary Sinclair, Sheffield United's Stadium Announcer, explains: "The

story really begins with our Worthington Cup run and in particular

the Leeds match. When the Blades scored twice in the last four

minutes I belted out the song each time we scored in celebration of

both goals.

As well as the CD, fans will also be able to purchase red and white

striped inflatable saxophones to help them celebrate to the music

when the Blades score in matches to come.

You heard it here first on the SheffieldForum

from reading this forum i've gathered that sheffield wednesday fans call sheffield united fans scum but whats insults do united fans call wednesday fans??

the only reason they are called wednesday though is because all the shps had a half day on wednesdays to play sports but was that a good reason to call a club it or couldn't they think of sheffield united ??

PIGS is the popular insult that both sets of fans call each other, I am not sure about the origins of that but I am led to believe that it was a reference to the red and white stripes (like bacon) worn by Sheffield United. Anyone know any different ?

united sing? when did this happen!?!?

apparently bramall lane used to be a pig sty in the victorian era....

Originally posted by "foreverdelayed"

from reading this forum i've gathered that sheffield wednesday fans call sheffield united fans scum but whats insults do united fans call wednesday fans??

the only reason they are called wednesday though is because all the shps had a half day on wednesdays to play sports but was that a good reason to call a club it or couldn't they think of sheffield united ??

UNITED is errmmm...well....not the MOST original name ever is it?

how many teams end in Wednesday?.....the one and only :)

Originally posted by "gerald8_kop"

united sing? when did this happen!?!?

apparently bramall lane used to be a pig sty in the victorian era....

Last time I went to Hilsborough when they played Leicester City in the Worthington Cup, the Owls made absolutely NO noise. Our fans managed to drown out what little chanting there was.

"Shall we sing, shall we sing, shall we sing a song for you?....."