Ryan Air, I really, really don`t want to use them..

Like everyone else the bit I don't like is the free for all when getting seats. I like to know I will be sat with my other half somewhere, and not wedged in between a massively obese person and someone with horrible B.O. It all just adds to the stress, and when your boarding everyone seems to have that, "ready, steady, GO!" attitude like they're beginning a race - I've never seen people board a plane that fast before in my life :hihi:

Like everyone else the bit I don't like is the free for all when getting seats. I like to know I will be sat with my other half somewhere, and not wedged in between a massively obese person and someone with horrible B.O. It all just adds to the stress, and when your boarding everyone seems to have that, "ready, steady, GO!" attitude like they're beginning a race - I've never seen people board a plane that fast before in my life :hihi:

Like I said before, I don`t know why they don`t introduce reserved seating, at extra charge, naturally, so they can make some more money......

ryanair are planning to introduce reserved seating at a cost of £8-£10 per person per flight.

I'm waiting for them to introduce a "only food and drink bought from us can be consumed on the plane" rule.

Most complaints come from passengers who havn't read all the small print and either turn up without a boarding card or their bag is too heavy or too many bags etc..

Also its worth paying extra for priority boarding especially with kids.

You miss the free for all then.

I flew to Malta last year from Leeds Bradford with my wife and 3 kids aged 10, 7 & 3 and paid £250 for us all.

We got priority so no free for all.

We took our own food so no rip off catering and everything went fine.

Just go with your eyes open and don't expect BA.

i flew with ryanair from east midlands to reus in april. i could have gone with thomson from manchester albeit for £100 more. both outbound and inbound flights were on time, i was well within the 15kg luggage limit so i will continue to use them until i have a bad experience with them.

We always book by credit card, just in case the carrier goes bust (£8.00 debit/£15.00 credit :mad:). We have now got it down to one hold bag, having bought two approved cabin bags. We buy a couple of sandwiches at Boots/W H Smith to take on board, I only have a coffee on the plane, as I'm driving on arrival, the wife gets through circa £10.00 worth of miniatures, we can't trim it down much more.

ryanair are planning to introduce reserved seating at a cost of £8-£10 per person per flight.

I`m aware they`re experimenting with it at the moment, do you know when they`re supposed to introducing it across all their flights ?

I'm waiting for them to introduce a "only food and drink bought from us can be consumed on the plane" rule.

Such a rule can however easily be got round by explaining (when they try to sell you their own muck), that you have Turbo-Schluck-Wasser syndrome which means that if you eat certain combinations of common nutrients you are liable to projectile vomiting. You won't risk it, if they don't mind. Then smile sweetly and carry on eating your own food.

The only thing which went wrong with those flights was the return, when the cow in front reclined her seat right back the instant the plane took off. Such a pity how I "accidentally" bashed her seat back a few times........

I've been on 6 Easyjet planes this year. All had non-reclining seats. Every flight we had 3 seats between the pair of us.

Don't know if the non-reclining is standard or we've just been lucky.

Just as a side-point, every single flight into Manchester Airport has had a delay Manchester end. 4 times this year the connecting gangway (or steps) have taken 20 minutes or more. The Pilot even joked "Sorry, I don't think Manchester were expecting us today" on Saturday.

Last week it was 90 minutes before the first case came round the carousel. 2010 UK airport of the year....having a laff.

I've been on 6 Easyjet planes this year. All had non-reclining seats. Every flight we had 3 seats between the pair of us.

Don't know if the non-reclining is standard or we've just been lucky.

I have to say, that for short haul flights, I think non reclining seats, or minimal recline seats, are a good idea.

If you don't like it then there are plenty of alternatives, pay more and use one of them. But the vast majority of people who use Ryanair are too tight to pay any more for their airline but then moan when they aren't given fantastic services.

Personally I like being able to get on with just hand luggage and don't see why I should have to pay a premium on my ticket to cover the price of other people's luggage, I also like being able to get good deals going off peak. I'm only on it for a couple of hours and I'd far rather spend my money where ever I'm going rather than spending it on the two hours there and two hours back which are never going to be much better than uncomfy and cattle like unless you go first class.

My husband is Irish and he used to never see his family from 1 year to the next, in fact before Ryanair started once he didn't go and see his family for 3 years. In the 90s before Ryanair got big it used to cost £400 to go over there, and considering that was 15-20 years ago that would be more like £700 in todays money. Plus the ferry is mank and cost a bomb and you had to take at least a week off for it to be worth it because it took so long.

Now we can just nip on a plane for the weekend and we have had that for as low as £25.00 for the two of us including card fees.