Ryan Air, I really, really don`t want to use them..

The idea that they treat you like cattle is rubbish too - its exactly the same with any other airline too - you queue up, they check your tickets then you get on the plane.

As far as I`m aware you can`t prebook your seat(s). How is that "exactly the same as any other airline". I`ve never flown with an airline where you don`t get an allocated seat. I hate flying at the best of times - esp Cattle Class - the fact you don`t know where you`ll be sitting, or even if you`ll be sitting together just makes it all the worse. You realise it`ll just be a big scrum when the plane is open for boarding, and I get mad if I ever think anyone`s pushing in front of me in a Q, I never do that to anyone else, which, I suppose, then puts me at a disadvantage in the fight for seats. It all just increases the stress and hassle. I don`t need all that, going on holiday is supposed to be relaxing......

One other thing. We wanted to book an extra seat (so we could have three seats between two - it`s a four hour flight). Ryan Air lets you book an extra seat "Extra Comfort Seat" [though it`s really aimed at fat people] but how does that work if there`s no reserved seating ? ! ?

I`m surprised that Ryan Air don`t have reserved seating, for an additional charge, obviously, not becasue they`re bothered about their passengers, but because it`d be a source of extra revenue for them.

Finally, is "Priority Boarding" worth having ? What percentage of passengers pay for that ? Don`t all families with kids get it anyway, which may seem reasonable from their perspective, but not so reasonable if you`re one of those left fighting over a seat.....

Edited by Justin Smith

My cousin paid for priority seating for him and his wife, The staff let everyone get on at once and when asked why they werent allowed the priority they had paid for the member of staff said " you should have moved faster then".

Obviously they werent happy so they asked for a supervisor. The supervisor eventualy came along with airport sercurity who promptly arrested my cousin an wife for making threats to kill the staff member at the centre of it all.

I kid you not.

Anyhow they missed their flight, got home via BA the following day and then went to the solicitors to see what could be done.

Basically nothing.

Sucks!!

You pay for priority boarding not extra leg room or a particular seat

Never had a problem with Ryan air and must have flown with them over fifty times

You pay for priority boarding not extra leg room or a particular seat

Never had a problem with Ryan air and must have flown with them over fifty times

I know. They didnt get it.

I would rather pay to fly on an airline that actually gets me to the destination I want to go. Not ryanair style landing at some sub airport 50 - 100 miles away.

I've been with Jet2, easyjet, bmibaby and ryanair over the last 6 weeks. Ryanair definitely have the most hidden charges and ridiculous on board food/drink prices, ignorant staff and customer service. The ridiculous time it took to double and triple check people's hand luggage (due to hold luggage weight being so miserly) has made the plane late every single time I've been with them.

I'd not use them unless they were significantly cheaper (which they were on one if the above occasions).

My bottom line is I usually go with the cheapest. Ryanair usually aren't anymore.

I've been with Jet2, easyjet, bmibaby and ryanair over the last 6 weeks. Ryanair definitely have the most hidden charges and ridiculous on board food/drink prices, ignorant staff and customer service. The ridiculous time it took to double and triple check people's hand luggage (due to hold luggage weight being so miserly) has made the plane late every single time I've been with them.

I'd not use them unless they were significantly cheaper (which they were on one if the above occasions).

My bottom line is I usually go with the cheapest. Ryanair usually aren't anymore.

That`s why I really don`t want to go with Ryan Air, or, if I`m honest, any "low cost" carriar. I want a pleasant, comfortable, stress free time.

When we went to Cyprus we went Cyprus Air, despite the fact they were more expensive, partly because their flight was at a better time, but also because we expected better service, and we paid for an extra seat, and it was worth every penny. The only thing which went wrong with those flights was the return, when the cow in front reclined her seat right back the instant the plane took off. Such a pity how I "accidentally" bashed her seat back a few times........

Unfortunately, it seems, there are only low cost carriers flying to Marrakesh. Thomson were the only carrier we could find which went direct to Naples. They charged extra for everything, but, to make it even worse, they weren`t that cheap in the first place !

Edited by Justin Smith

I would only fly with Ryan air if I had absolutely no choice. I can't stand the free for all to get on the plane. As a previous poster said even if you pay for priority boarding it just means you are first out of the airport door. As son as you are on the tarmac everyone just makes a run for it.

I have flown with nearly all the budget airlines & have always been pleased with the service - except Ryan air, rude, unhelpful staff who really do treat you like cattle at a market.

You get what you pay for!

If you plan ahead so you don't have to buy one of their extortionate inflight plastic bacon rolls (which taste like sawdust) then you can feel smug as you tuck in to your homemade butties and flapjack etc.

Listening to the flight attendants gossiping is like something off Come Fly With Me.

If you really really don't want to use them, there's no law says you have to is there?

Well , upon reading this thread I'm pleased that have paid £400 for a trailer tent and I will I enjoy my week at Whitby . The sun may shine for us or it might not (who cares ) , if I dont like it i can just pack up ad we can all go some where else in this beautiful country . There are plenty of nice places near us . IMO

I used them to go to Norway a few years back.

First time I have flown and found it to be exactly what I expected. a buget airline.

no drama's, quick through check in, no mad dash to get to the aircraft by other people, priority booking got on first... all very civil if you ask me.

Best bit, return flight with hand luggage, 7quid! No taxes no hidden costs as I read the fine print and understood what I was signing up for. Not bad for a week away if you ask me!

:D

They're no different from any other Budget airline.

The price you pay is subject to taxes and so on, but that's true of all airlines. Just make sure you know the full price before you book, then compare it to the others.

The idea that they treat you like cattle is rubbish too - its exactly the same with any other airline too - you queue up, they check your tickets then you get on the plane.

I wouldn't go out of my way to use them, but I wouldn't turn them down either.

And then as you are not designated seats there is a mighty fight to get on the plane and bag a place to sit.