Retro missing from the Star

If we're lucky dispute will escalate and the whole thing will be off the streets for a week or two!
:hihi::hihi:

Bet they have tried to ween everyone off it. Nearly every day on the front of the paper it's been advertised Retro this Retro that. Odds on they are getting rid of the saturday fix.

What about 'Monica Makes Sense' Great read on a Saturday!

:rolleyes:

They are bringing a RETRO book out soon.

star paper is load of crap anyway sooner its gone the better . i was offered it for 6 weeks for something like 20 pence a copy ,told guy you could not even give it to me free

Couldn't agree more. It was originally an evening paper but now is available at 8am. It's full of spelling and grammatical errors. The same story is often repeated two or three days running, and sometimes even in the same issue. The letters page is full of crap, and they now encourage people to send in their photographs for publication as a way of filling up space without having to pay anybody.

I still buy it though, as it's about the only place I can keep up with local football!

Edited by akura

Looks like the Retro will be missing indefinetly as members of The Stars parent company Johnson Press have come out on indefinate strike. Hmm....:(

well maybe we should take this opportunity to submit some old fashioned photos as the last "retro" piece i saw had me as a teenager in it. Not very retro. With any luck, when all the disagreements at the star are settled they can restart with a large back catalogue of real retro images again

Looks like the Retro will be missing indefinetly as members of The Stars parent company Johnson Press have come out on indefinate strike. Hmm....:(

Drat, that's disappointing. They'd promised that they were going to publish an extra large Retro with this Saturday's Star.

As I said above:- About the only thing worth buying the flipping Star for :(

Go to the Local Studies Library. They have Stars and other local newspapers going back to the early 1800s. Makes for fascinating reading. You can print them out. I have a collection of articles from them.

In todays star it says on page 10 that there is 24 pages of retro in tomorrows star.