Potholes everywhere!

I have just started driving and cant stop noticing the number of potholes everywhere on the roads. There are a few big ones which look more like craters. And its not on one or two roads, its everywhere. and also i did see some which are marked. Wonder if ther are going to do something about it.

Really? I'd not noticed any. Which road is affected?

Try the Loxley road out of Malin Bridge! If you see cyclists weaving going down that road, they're just trying to retain all of their teeth...

Try the Loxley road out of Malin Bridge! If you see cyclists weaving going down that road, they're just trying to retain all of their teeth...

When I'm cycling down there it's not my teeth I'm worried about.

When I'm cycling down there it's not my teeth I'm worried about.

:hihi: I don't have that problem...

If it's not potholes it's speed bumps.

I'm afraid this is a National problem - there simply isn't enough money available to repair the roads, particularly the smaller estate ones. I live in Shiregreen & the area has just had an extensive 'facelift' for the last 4 years. It does look lovely but the sideroads in some parts are still bad. I've noticed that some large holes in the road are just patched up when people eventually get round to reporting them. That's the way forward I'm afraid - if you see bad holes, just report them to the Council. A good thread this.

Sheffield seems to be far worse than other places. Athough I can't speak for everywhere, I do travel to other cities and places and Sheffield has by far the worst roads.

Well i've come across many,worst of all was on the leigh st/brompton road parallel road to the attercliffe common very bad ones there. there are some markings but been there for some time now.So although they have noticed nothing been done yet. Nothing particulary on the city center roads though its the other main roads.