Council man says you can't have security camera in window

You have a paddling pool on the front garden.. Please read the thread.. You have no idea what your on about only what you presume.. Don't talk rubbish.

I sometimes lose all faith in mankind, in that they can be so dumb. No-one said you have a paddling pool on your drive. I'm saying that one of the reasons why you can't face a camera towards someone elses property is because some perv would film kids in a paddling pool or girls sunbathing or whatever.

It would be difficult to make rules / laws for every individual case. I don't suppose the powers that be can visit every home to assess whether the cctv is being operated by a perv. Therefore there are general rules..

cctv, mobile phones camera's, camcorders don't make you a perv. People make mountains out of mole hole and go o.t.t and jump to wrong conclusions. Please spare me the details.

cctv, mobile phones camera's, camcorders don't make you a perv. People make mountains out of mole hole and go o.t.t and jump to wrong conclusions. Please spare me the details.

Nobody said it does. Most reasonable people would accept though, that to enable children to be protected, we as a society, have to be inconvenience once in a while.

Nobody said it does. Most reasonable people would accept though, that to enable children to be protected, we as a society, have to be inconvenience once in a while.

Does nt work with cars though does it as people fly through estates at speeds in excess of 30mph.

I don't think you can put a video camera anywhere where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy, so if the camera was pointing through another person's window into their home that would probably not be allowed. If it was just pointing at the street or pavement I don't see why anyone could object.

You are right. I have 4 cams round my home. I took advice before putting them up. As long as they do not breach a persons right to privacy they are OK. ie, Face another neighbours doors or windows. This is common sense. People are encouraged to use cctv where there may be a problem especially on gardens or garages..

Does nt work with cars though does it as people fly through estates at speeds in excess of 30mph.

I don't know many members of the public who put CCTV up to combat speeding. Have you been at the wine gums again? :D

This is farcical - you can't have a camera pointing down your own path onto your own car to safeguard it but you can mount one on the wall outside, nearly every house on here has one, nobody's ever complained and doubt if anyone has asked permission. Do you seriously also think that anyone who lives in a council house asks permission to put up TV aerial?:hihi::hihi::roll::help:

This is farcical - you can't have a camera pointing down your own path onto your own car to safeguard it but you can mount one on the wall outside, nearly every house on here has one, nobody's ever complained and doubt if anyone has asked permission. Do you seriously also think that anyone who lives in a council house asks permission to put up TV aerial?:hihi::hihi::roll::help:
your road needs cctv with you livin on it aunty lin :gag:

Wasn't there a similar thread about photographing/filming in public? With several links to how you stand with the law?

From what I've read, there's no law to stop you filming in public or even anybody else's property (this is only from what I've read, may not be fact).

I don't think even filming children is illegal in itself (IMO), but the reasons for taking the images may need investigating. Unless they're your own kids.

Is there any difference between a camcorder and CCTV in legal terms?

Ahh...

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/topic_guides/cctv.aspx

http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/Articles/cctv/index.php

Only the HRA might be a cause for complaint, but I doubt that the police should be enforcing it, it's a matter for the courts.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/cctv_code_of_practice_html/3_covers.html

The use of cameras for limited household purposes is exempt from the DPA. This applies where an individual uses CCTV to protect their home from burglary, even if the camera overlooks the street or other areas near their home. Images captured for recreational purposes, such as with a mobile phone, digital camera or camcorder, are also exempt.

Found this interesting

Somehow I missed these.

Also, is the camera on the windowsill in the OP actually a security camera or a camcorder?

your road needs cctv with you livin on it aunty lin :gag:

I don't think I will be issuing you any more warnings, nephew, :hihi::hihi::love: about cheeking your elders. Didn't your mum tell you I went to a good school, in fact it was approved

Edited by denlin

I don't think I will be issuing you any more warnings, nephew, :hihi::hihi::love: about cheeking your elders. Didn't your mum tell you I went to a good school, in fact it was approved
aye, she said you were the only female of your time to go to borstal:roll: