Shire horse and trap, stannington

Has anyone else seen the man driving a horse and cart around Stannington. I have this terrible urge to go and ask if he will take me on an open top ride around Stannington!! No seriously. I wonder why he has a horse and trap, it seems really weird seeing it going around but, hey ho, why not.

Are they allowed on the roads then?

of course they are allowed on the roads!? if idiots on quads etc are allowed, so should a horse and trap or cart. They are a cheaper way than cars to get around, no high petrol prices. A lovely animal, the majestic shire.

of course they are allowed on the roads!? if idiots on quads etc are allowed, so should a horse and trap or cart. They are a cheaper way than cars to get around, no high petrol prices. A lovely animal, the majestic shire.

Sorry for bloody asking! Get off your high horse and calm down.

I happen to think they are lovely as well and can't take my eyes of it when I see it, I am just a little bit envious, what a great way to get around

I saw a horse and trap last week around Stannington but don't think it was a Shire horse though, unless there are two horse and traps around the village.

Either way, if you don't ask you will never know!!

I saw a horse and trap last week around Stannington but don't think it was a Shire horse though, unless there are two horse and traps around the village.

Either way, if you don't ask you will never know!!

Well, I think it was a shire horse! lol. It was definitely a horse and cart though. Maybe they attach different horses to it, I'll take more notice next time

Has anyone else seen the man driving a horse and cart around Stannington. I have this terrible urge to go and ask if he will take me on an open top ride around Stannington!! No seriously. I wonder why he has a horse and trap, it seems really weird seeing it going around but, hey ho, why not.

Are they allowed on the roads then?

Motorways ban them but most roads are legal-remember they predate the car by centuries.

Why are qbs idiotic

If a horse is been rident then it is under the terms of the act an animal if it is pulling a cart IE something with wheels then it is under the terms of the act a vehicle . It is subject tothe normal laws that a vehicle would but it also as to obey any laws relating to horses .

If a horse is been rident then it is under the terms of the act an animal if it is pulling a cart IE something with wheels then it is under the terms of the act a vehicle . It is subject tothe normal laws that a vehicle would but it also as to obey any laws relating to horses .

So should it have a reg plate?