Sheffields chief super retires

I dont want this to turn into a rant about public servants retiring early, but isn't it a shame that a person such as this is retiring whilst he is at the top of his game, in his prime and has years in front of him that he could use for the benefit of sheffield.

Which Chief Super is it that you're referring to? Invariably these types of public servants end up in the private sector in some kind of consultancy role anyway so they'd still be contributing.

i think th op may mean the Chief Constable of Sheffield Meredydd Hughes

Allegedly Med Hughes has a criminal record i here!

He has allegedly been done for motoring offences while he was in charge - even as far as getting banned twice for speeding and for not saying who was behind the wheel of a police vehicle when captured on camera at Wrexham - and this from a man who was all in favour of hidden speed cameras etc, he will now walk into some sort of consultancy job which will earn him 200 grand a year...and this is the guy who says Sheffield is one of the safest places in the UK, load of b*****

Just to clarify

(Sheffield) Chief Superintendant Andy Barrs has retired, as per my link.

(South Yorkshire) Chief Constable Mereddyd Hughes has announced that he will retire in October.

Just to clarify

(Sheffield) Chief Superintendant Andy Barrs has retired, as per my link.

(South Yorkshire) Chief Constable Mereddyd Hughes has announced that he will retire in October.

Your link did not work yesterday it was a 404, my apologise for assuming

You can sleep safe, the allegations that you heard are wrong. Minor speeding offences won't give you a criminal record.

AIUI most CC's serve for about 5 years so there's nothing unusual about him retiring, but there is more than a little common sense in the OP.

Edited by Tony
acronymitis

Your link did not work yesterday it was a 404, my apologise for assuming

My apologies, it's not working now either. It was a link to the Sheffield Telegraph report on Andy Barrs retiring.

My apologies, it's not working now either. It was a link to the Sheffield Telegraph report on Andy Barrs retiring.

it worked for me about 10 mins ago just before my last post, bit temperamental

just tried again it still works but you have to wait about 10-15 seconds before it comes on

Edited by kidley
added text

You can sleep safe, the allegations that you heard are wrong. Minor speeding offences won't give you a criminal record.

AIUI most CC's serve for about 5 years so there's nothing unusual about him retiring, but there is more than a little common sense in the OP.

He was caught driving at 90mph in a 60mph zone in 2007 whilst on holiday in North Wales.

He pleaded guilty and was fined £350 and banned from driving for 42 days.

He was the country’s top traffic cop and a leading advocate for speed cameras and there was a petition calling for him to be axed as the Association of Chief Police Officers’ (ACPO) road policing head.

His department had proposed banning motorcycles to MPs, suggesting that they were "motorised toys."

A petition of at least 1000 signatures was launched on Number 10’s website after it emerged Hughes’ department had proposed banning motorcycles to MPs.

He apparently has been caught speeding three times!