Pop music.. total long shot..

.. I know, but this is driving me crazy.

I've just been listening to the song 'Drops of Jupiter' by Train. I seemed to be very familiar with the song and antipated a melodic chorus... but it never came. I realised then it wasn't the song I thought it was and have since been racking my brains to identify the song I was thinking of. I'm not even sure if the song I am thinking of is a modern song or 1960s or 70s. It's one of those frustrating things in your head whereby you can't rest until you have the answer :confused::confused::confused:

Does anyone out there know of the song 'Drops of Jupiter'.. and if so does it closely remind you of another song.... one with a chorus?

Know it and like it. It reminds me of

by Matchbox Twenty, with a soupçon of
by Ash, and a sprinkling of
by Goo Goo Dolls.

I know what you mean, FriarTuck: it sounds very similar to something else I've heard ages ago but can't put my finger on; and when I think about it some more, all I can come up with is 'Drops of Jupiter' by Train. But I know there is another song out there very similar. But what is it?

Now there are two of us that can't rest, darn it!

Thanks for your help guys.

Hecate, it isn't any of the ones you mentioned but thanks for pointing me in their direction. I like the Goo Goo Dolls song, it reminds me a lot of

by Harry Chapin.

Horribleblob, I'm sorry to have put that on you.... it's still doin' my head in.

It's not a Guns and Roses song, 1960boy.