Summer Jobs for A 15 year old.

once upon a time the supermarkets were full of young people now everybody has grey hair more or less. Probably since they raised the age for cigarettes.

Babysitting is a good option

Now that EMA is being abolished more young people might start looking for work again.

Try advertising as a dog-walker. My mate's daughter does that and makes about £50 a week or so.

Hope she has got insurance!

Keep trying guys, when i was 15 i was working in our local grocers shop, maybe try some local shops if they know you? good luck!

Working hours

There are rules that regulate what times of the day you can work and for how long. These are different depending on your age.

14 year olds

There are a lot of rules that control working hours of children, but the basic ones are:

During term time, you can only work for two hours on weekdays and Sundays

During term time, you can only work for five hours on Saturdays

During a school holiday, you can work for up to five hours on a week day or a Saturday

During a school holiday, you can't work for more than two hours on a Sunday

You cannot work before 7.00 am or after 7.00 pm on any day

15 and 16 year olds

If you're 15 or 16 and are working while you're still at school, your rights are almost identical to those of 14 year olds. However, you are allowed to work for up to eight hours on Saturdays or during the school holidays.

The above is why you find it very hard to find "employment" in a legit business. Best of luck though.

seriously, why delete my posts, without any explanation? i was making a very valid point.

if you are 15, don't bother, wait until you are 16.

seriously, why delete my posts, without any explanation? i was making a very valid point.

if you are 15, don't bother, wait until you are 16.

i personally didnt delete your post..

i personally didnt delete your post..

i know, some trigger happy mod did.

Hope she has got insurance!

Why would you hope that?

She has found people willing to let her walk their dogs, more importantly I hope she is declaring her income to HMRC! :hihi:

I suspect you are probably the type that goes looking for floors to 'slip' on too :D

I'm 15 and I have looked for a job apart from a paper round - it's hopeless. There's people like me who want to work at this age but there's some people who are ok to work who sponge off society all day and live on unemployment benefits - it's annoying. I'm just going to wait till I'm 16 to get a job :(

I'm 15 and I have looked for a job apart from a paper round - it's hopeless. There's people like me who want to work at this age but there's some people who are ok to work who sponge off society all day and live on unemployment benefits - it's annoying. I'm just going to wait till I'm 16 to get a job :(

spot on. don't let it get you down. enjoy your youth, rather than being exploited by a cafe owner paying you £3 an hour.

Try setting yourself up a gardening business. I have to pay a gardener £20 to come round to my mum's house-say every 10 days or so-to cut the grass and generally tidy up. I know one or two kids that made a few hundred pounds in the summer months doing just that. Could I find someone to help near my mums in Chesterfield...no!

Good luck with your efforts-keep us posted how you get on.