Summer Jobs for A 15 year old.

What jobs could a 15 year old such as myself do as maybe a summer/ saturday job? i have two paper rounds but i'd much prefer to do a real job. Its hard because everyone just turns you down and says 'oh look at them probably just another lazy stereotypical teenager' when im really not. can somebody help?

Me too I am the same and espically whe you are 15 it is hard I went to town today though and saw that there was a part time job in a window for a cafe must be 16 or over but like my friend says its worth a try but hand in your cv, and you mayhave some look. :) The cafe is on far gate in town where the 3 phone shop is it along there :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCKK!!! :) :)

its stupid i mean its not like we cant be bothered to actually look?! but thanks :) same to you!

Or Try dominoes pizza on west street they are taking quite alot of people on print your cv of computer and send to this address Dominoes pizza, West street, S14 EW, Sheffield and post your cv in the post and you would be working on the reception taking orders and put on left corner put No 3 thats the add number :) Goooooooood Lucckkkkkkkkkk :)

Credit to the both of you for looking & trying. Good luck.

Well done to you both you should be really proud of yourselves. I wish my 15 yr old would show as much assertiveness

Well guys, if I were 15 and looking for a summer job I would target the garden centres. Out in the open, helping folk who like spending their money, a fair amount of lifting stuff, well if you're not fit at 15 you never will be.

Just a thought, good luck. :thumbsup:

Good luck to both of you, dont be put off by knockbacks, you'll find a lot of ppl would hire younger people like you but sadly with insurance reasons and such you'll find a lot of people won't be able to but keep up the search and if maybe try more outdoor type work like leaflet dropping and such instead of working in a shop.

my daughter wants a job and she's not 15 til september. its just difficult for employers to take on people under the age of 16 due to some of the employment laws and stuff and obviously anyone of school age won't have same flexibility of others who are no longer in school. its very difficult i know and in todays economy us parents have less and less money to spare for our children. i keep trying to get my friends to give my daughter babysitting work but no-one's got any money these days :(

thanks for all the good luck guys and advice :) and crookesey i dont listen to people who say i wouldnt do it because the wage is rubbish because money is money at the end of the day and every little helps :)

I just wanted to post something because I think it is good to know that kids are looking and thinking about earning their own money good luck to you.

My mates daughter is 15 and asking round - I suggested they try either SWFC or SUFC because they are always looking for people doing the pie stand etc. I think shifts are given out on a first come first served basis on the day but they do take kids from 15.

One thing to note if you are under 16 you will require a work permit from the council (have a look on the Sheffield City Council website) for the application form etc.

Again good luck.

Try advertising as a dog-walker. My mate's daughter does that and makes about £50 a week or so.