Whats happened in Fir Vale?

anyone know whats happened in Fir Vale? Police and ambulance about and road closed off?

Erm I think its Owler Lane, the main road that goes through.

I just saw somethig near the tescos bottom of Barnsley rd, think it may have been an accident

I've just come through there and the traffic is a nightmare, don't know what's happened though, its the area from the college roundabout to past the petrol station

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/sheffield/#incidents

A6102 Owler Lane Grimesthorpe, Sheffield, both ways between Wensley Street and Page Hall Road A6102 South Yorkshire - A6102 Owler Lane in Grimesthorpe, Sheffield closed and slow traffic in both directions between the Wensley Street junction and the Page Hall Road junction, because of a police incident.

Severe

Just come that way about 20 mins ago. got diverted up Wensley Street, then left near top to Hinde House Lane. down there then left onto Bolsover Place (i think) left at end, back to lights at fir vale, continued on journey along herries road. Back to the incident, think I saw one of those private ambulance vehicles at the scene. Traffic wasn't too bad on the diversion route.

someone has died in a tragic accident according to the pcso i spoke to .... john heath van was allowed thro cordon while i was there , but he wouldn't say how whoever it was has met their demise , nor any cause or what was involved

The City Taxi driver I got earlier said that their information was that there was a shooting. Down there is getting worse with assaults, stabbings and shootings, the police need to get a hold on the situation soon and sort it out before it gets worse imo.

When we went passed at about 11.30 there were just a couple of paramedics putting up a sheet over the steps to shield whoever was laid on the floor. There was no sign of any police which there would be with an armed situation.

The City Taxi driver I got earlier said that their information was that there was a shooting. Down there is getting worse with assaults, stabbings and shootings, the police need to get a hold on the situation soon and sort it out before it gets worse imo.

What a load of tosh, no shootings or stabbings down fir vale for ages, gleadless, high green, manor and px have all had serious incidents in the last couple of weeks so maybe the police are better off concentrating on these areas instead and people like yourself should stop believing rumours.

I work in firvale and was working today. I can honestly say there are not shootings and stabbings down there all the time. I don't know what's happened today but listening to rumours gets you nowhere! Any area can have it's problems, but as soon as there's any kind of disruption in firvale, people assume someones been stabbed or shot?!! Stop being so judgemental!