Sheaf pub on Fraser Road, Millhouses

Can anyone elaborate on the good beer range? If they've anything decent I might be tempted, but £2.50 seems a bit pricey. Over-sized glasses?

Beer range on opening:

Acorn - Barnsley Bitter

Phoenix - Monkeystown Mild

Bradfield - Farmers Blonde

Abbeydale - Deception

Saltaire - Cascade

Allgates - Premient

Spire - Sgt Pepper Stout

Walked past last night looked quiet.

Its a tough location that, not much passing trade although plenty of chimneys!

Good luck to them anyway.

Went in last night: had Farmers Blond and the Monkeystown Mild (highly recommended). I know nothing about real ales, but really enjoyed sampling the ones they had.

No food as yet, relatively quiet (it's early days), decor was basic but comfortable, atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming and the staff were great.

We're literally 2 minutes walk from The Ale House and will definitely go there again.

Beer range on opening:

Acorn - Barnsley Bitter

Phoenix - Monkeystown Mild

Bradfield - Farmers Blonde

Abbeydale - Deception

Saltaire - Cascade

Allgates - Premient

Spire - Sgt Pepper Stout

Thanks Andy, actually, due to a change of plans, went in last night and sampled a few, was a bit quiet but very relaxed. All very well kept, very nice staff. If they keep on like this word should spread. Will definitely go again.

Can anyone elaborate on the good beer range? If they've anything decent I might be tempted, but £2.50 seems a bit pricey. Over-sized glasses?

Sound competitive to me! Where do you drink?

Not been in yet. Couldn`t bob out tonight but hope to tomorrow. Looks like a classic local line-up of ales! If they`re well kept, I shall be regular!

So , no food yet, new tables outside , but are families welcome? And opening hours?

Sound competitive to me! Where do you drink?

Not been in yet. Couldn`t bob out tonight but hope to tomorrow. Looks like a classic local line-up of ales! If they`re well kept, I shall be regular!

So , no food yet, new tables outside , but are families welcome? And opening hours?

There were quite a few beers at less than £2.50. I think Andy must have given an average price. I often drink for £2 or less per pint - you just need to do the footwork and know your pubs/beers. Having said that I am happy to pay more when it is warranted. I guess I could start a few outraged posts if I mentioned the ones that are totally overpriced, so I won't. It is very subjective and people can get quite indignant if you slate a pub or product that they think is great.

Tidy pub. What Woodseats / Millhouses needs. Beers priced mostly £2.30 / £2.40, all well kept, imo.

What did the Sheffield CAMRA group make of the pub. I think they were scheduled to hold a meeting there.

Went into the Ale house again today and everytime I go in the beers get better and better. More people need to try this place and spread the word as it was quiet again today which wasn't an issue for me as I could get a seat and chat with the landlord but if more people knew I'm sure if would be busier as the beer selection is good it's cheap and the beer is well kept.

My wife and I have just moved into the area, having lived in Neepsend for the last two years. We were beginning to think it was a bit of a beer desert, after the joys of Kelham Island, but yesterday I tracked down The Ale House on Fraser Road. What a find! There were 6 hand pumps on (about to be 7 as I left) and the beer choice was great; 4 from Bradford's excellent Saltaire brewery and two from Bradfield. I tried 4 of them and they were all in excellent condition. I have found it quite hard to find much up to date information on the Norton/Woodseats area, with much comment being 4 years old. Certainly the bus service is better than many posters led me to believe. I love it here!

Went into the Ale house again today and everytime I go in the beers get better and better. More people need to try this place and spread the word as it was quiet again today which wasn't an issue for me as I could get a seat and chat with the landlord but if more people knew I'm sure if would be busier as the beer selection is good it's cheap and the beer is well kept.

Very true. The Saltaire beers at The Ale House are consistently top notch and quite unusual to find in Sheffield. Last night they also had a Brew Dog beer on which was a cracker too!