Sheaf pub on Fraser Road, Millhouses

You really need to ask what my point is? :huh: it doesn't take much working out.

Like someone buying a house on a busy road and complaining about traffic...

The reason i asked your point because i didn’t want to assume your point, anyway i have no control over the traffic on the main road (good point), however the pub is located in an residential area therefore the new owners or land lord should have consideration for the residence living in the area. The city council or the licence’s has zero tolerance of complaints of loud music or inappropriate behaviour from customers therefore it would be of interest for the new owner to be on side with the community.

The Alehouse is to open on Tuesday 16th August at 5pm

The Alehouse is to open on Tuesday 16th August at 5pm

Hope Sheff CAMRA will support it to the hilt! A brave venture and one I`m keen to support. TBH Woodseats isn`t the best for ale and this will be my nearest pub. 7 ales is a big shout so here`s hoping it works!

I'm off to look at a Bing map now to find out exactly where Fraser Road is. Some are saying it's near Sainsbury's on Archer Road, some are saying it's in Woodseats (which is nowhere near Sainsbury's on Archer Road) and Fuds here is saying it will have competition from the "Waggon" which I assume to be the "Waggon and Horses" at Millhouses - which again is nowhere near Sainsbury's on Archer Road.

The Big Tree @ Woodseats to The Sheaf Fraser Road = 5 mins walk,

The Sheaf Fraser Road to Sainsbury's Archer Road = 3/4 mins walk,

Sainsbury's Archer Road to The Waggon and Horses =5/6 mins walk.

Hardly "nowhere near"

Map link: http://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=S8+0JP&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=19.490735,39.418945&t=h&z=16

Nearest bus route is the 87 at the bottom of Hutcliffe Wood Road or 97/98 on Abbeydale Road.

Alternatively you could walk down the hill from Woodseats (buses 25/25A/43/44/44A/53/75/76)

Edited by Andy C

You will have to get off the 87 just as it turns left at the Robin Hood pub, if not the next stop is right at the top of Hutcliffe Wood Road outside the crem.

Or you could get off at the junction of Abbeydale Road and Banerdale Road and walk along Archer Road past Esporta to Laycocks and turn left up Fraser Road, the pub is on the right at the bottom of the hill this will take 7-10mins. Don't forget it opens tonight

You will have to get off the 87 just as it turns left at the Robin Hood pub, if not the next stop is right at the top of Hutcliffe Wood Road outside the crem.

Or you could get off at the junction of Abbeydale Road and Banerdale Road and walk along Archer Road past Esporta to Laycocks and turn left up Fraser Road, the pub is on the right at the bottom of the hill this will take 7-10mins. Don't forget it opens tonight

Bit of a sat nav paj :hihi:

Any early opinions?

Not in Sheff at the mo but hope to bob in when back on Friday. Are little uns allowed and is food available yet?

Alternatively just get any of the buses up Chesterfield Road (75/76/53/25), get off at the bottom of Graves park, walk down past the KFC, turn left down Holmhirst and then immediately right down Fraser Road.

Any early opinions?

Not in Sheff at the mo but hope to bob in when back on Friday. Are little uns allowed and is food available yet?

Went in briefly on opening night, its a nice, comfortable two roomed pub if a little basic, good beer range, price of real ale about £2.50 a pint and staff & service seemed OK.

No food yet as kitchen not finished.

Has potential, lets see how it beds in and develops.