Goldfish needs a new home

Hi a friend gave me a goldfish about 2 weeks ago. Since then i've been doing a bit of research about looking after them and have realised I can't give it what it needs in terms of space etc.

I really want it to have a good home. If anyone has room for it, pm me please to arrange getting it to you

Thanks

hi what size is the goldfish and has it lived indoors or outdoors

ive a friend looking for small pond fish but i could make room for it in one of my tanks if need be until a permanent home is found

Is this a serious post?

Is this a serious post?

I think it is Saffy ;)

Is this a serious post?

why would it not be serious:huh:

Is this a serious post?

It would seem so, and good on the OP for raising it

I got some golds, as an ignorant new fishkeeper, it ended up costing me £400 when I realised that my "large, plenty of room" tank was in fact massively overstocked and quite cruel, so I ended up shelling out for a new, much, much larger tank than I ever thought of buying

The reason that I have not volunteered to take this fish in, is that my tank is technically still overstocked but "only just"

Golds are very "dirty" fish and need LOTS of water per fish. Think about it - they live in their toilet. If they excrete a lot of waste, that is what they swim in.

They also live for a LONG time - the person who proudly states "well, I had mine in a bowl and it lived for 3 YEARS" has no appreciation of the true lifespan of a goldfish

Edited by Squiggs

I will have it to replace my goldfish that died. 30 litre tank fully filtered and maintained. One other goldfish.

Is this a serious post?

Yep totally serious, maybe I overthink things but I didn't feel comfortable keeping a fish and depriving it! It's the way it reacts so much to things it sees, I had no idea what little personalities they have, nor that they are supposed to grow quite large, but keeping them in a small tank stunts that.

the tank has been getting cloudy really quickly too, it just isn't big enough.

Good name btw!:D

Thanks so much for other offers of taking the fish, I have however found someone nearby with a large tank who is happy to take it, which I think would be best to minimise moving it.

I won't try this again don't worry!