Van clamped on private land

No, you're loopy because you are

No, you'd like to think I'm loopy because you can't argue that the police clamped the vehicle, because they clearly didn't!

Classy ... you are not!

I'm sure that you are happy in your own way. ;)

If not having to inventing ludicrous conspiracy theories makes me happy, then you are correct. :D

Just had my van clamped bought it sat and was told it was sorn as it had no tax on it. I put it on drive in front of my garage and was going to get it taxed and insured at weekend when i got paid, but in meantime cops have asked dvla to clamp it. Now they are wanting £260 to realease it as it has got no tax on it and it hasnt been declared sorn.Will i have to pay this or does anyone know a way round it ? :(

Find someone who can lend you a grinder , a quick 2 minute job ,and its released for FREE. ;)

Find someone who can lend you a grinder , a quick 2 minute job ,and its released for FREE. ;)

Really smart piece of advice that. Not only will the OP have the SORN/Insurance problem to sort out, which is a DVLA matter, doing what you suggest WILL get the police involved as it would render him liable to prosecution for criminal damage!

Just a quick update about my clamped van, wrote a letter to dvla clamping section, explained what had happened regarding only just buying van etc and they agreed to refund me all the money back for removing the clamp. :)

Good result then OP.

It shows that the DVLA can be reasonable sometimes if you explain things in a clear and calm manner.