Van clamped on private land

Won't it fit in your garage? :huh:

no its to high to go in

You said you was doing it this weekend anyway, otherwise sorn it.

i know but it has to be done tomorrow or they will clamp it again and if i sorn it i dont get my £160 back from my £260 clamping fee

Just a thought, is your garage away from your house? If so do you have the deeds, or if rented does your landlord have them? Also check your house contents insurance policy, you may have legal expenses cover, if you do, get yourself to a solicitor.

Private means private in my book, I stand by what I said, take photos and go to police HQ.

according to the paper work that came with the clamp it says they can even clamp a vehical if its on your own land without tax and not sorn. If its inside your garage then they cant, trouble is its too big to fit in garage

No doubt they'll also be wanting to know how the car got from the place of sale to your land too.

Just a thought, is your garage away from your house? If so do you have the deeds, or if rented does your landlord have them? Also check your house contents insurance policy, you may have legal expenses cover, if you do, get yourself to a solicitor.

yes garage is away from house but i do own it and the land in front of it is mine and its freehold

Private means private in my book, I stand by what I said, take photos and go to police HQ.

So you can break the law on private land?..The new rules say a car must be sorned if not insured..this one was neither..

according to the paper work that came with the clamp it says they can even clamp a vehical if its on your own land without tax and not sorn. If its inside your garage then they cant, trouble is its too big to fit in garage

That means that they can clamp every off road vehicle, that would require taxing and insuring if they were taken onto the road, a few farmers would be none too pleased.

That means that they can clamp every off road vehicle, that would require taxing and insuring if they were taken onto the road, a few farmers would be none too pleased.

not sure about farmers maybe they have a trade insurance and tax agreement or something ?

So you can break the law on private land?..The new rules say a car must be sorned if not insured..this one was neither..

I never said that it shouldn't be, we are discussing the legitimacy of the police clamping vehicles parked on private land, if you know the definitive answer please tell us.

I never said that it shouldn't be, we are discussing the legitimacy of the police clamping vehicles parked on private land, if you know the definitive answer please tell us.

Look at post #28

not sure about farmers maybe they have a trade insurance and tax agreement or something ?

Have you looked at your home contents insurance policy? I have £20K's worth of legal expenses cover on mine.