Van clamped on private land

Then i think your stuffed im afraid :(

Tell me about it im wishing i never bought it now, i dint know it would be this hard to sort out

Just had my van clamped bought it sat and was told it was sorn as it had no tax on it. I put it on drive in front of my garage and was going to get it taxed and insured at weekend when i got paid, but in meantime cops have asked dvla to clamp it. Now they are wanting £260 to realease it as it has got no tax on it and it hasnt been declared sorn.Will i have to pay this or does anybody know a way round it :(

How did you get it onto your drive?.

How did you get it onto your drive?.

my mate got it on back of his car transporter as it doesnt start at moment

my mate got it on back of his car transporter as it doesnt start at moment

If I was you I would be wondering why the dibbles were so unusually quick off the mark.

Do you have any snidey neighbours?.

If I was you I would be wondering why the dibbles were so unusually quick off the mark.

Do you have any snidey neighbours?.

yes thats what i was thinking i bet somebody seen it had no tax and reported it, best thing is it was a cheap van but now its ending up being a dear one :@

I Agree with Alex something not sound right,they not that alert unless someone pointed it out.

anyway iv paid fine now to get clamp off, iv just got to find someone to lend me £1800 to get it ins and taxed before tomorrow dinner time or they will clamp it again :(

The police are not allowed to clamp vehicles parked on private land, they can issue a ticket (I think) and put an 'UNTAXED VEHICLE' sticker on the windscreen. Would they have clamped it if it had been in the garage with the door open?

Take photos and have a chat with the police at HQ.

anyway iv paid fine now to get clamp off, iv just got to find someone to lend me £1800 to get it ins and taxed before tomorrow dinner time or they will clamp it again :(

Won't it fit in your garage? :huh:

You said you was doing it this weekend anyway, otherwise sorn it.

The police are not allowed to clamp vehicles parked on private land, they can issue a ticket (I think) and put an 'UNTAXED VEHICLE' sticker on the windscreen. Would they have clamped it if it had been in the garage with the door open?

Take photos and have a chat with the police at HQ.

Is that true even with the new insurance laws?

Is that true even with the new insurance laws?

Private means private in my book, I stand by what I said, take photos and go to police HQ.