Mums dogs attacked near Firth Park

The police have never been interested in enforcing the dangereous dogs act.

The police have never been interested in enforcing the dangereous dogs act.

They will never implement it because they are using dangereous dogs to search bombs and etc.

the owner wants the dog back.

it has to be proven that it is a pit bull or a cross breed. why would you want a dog back whatever breed if it has done soemthing like this.

i have a border collie & thought that if he did anything like this i wouldn't hesitate to have him pts.

what make it worse is the ownwer could possibly be the passer by that stopped to help i the 1st place. cant be sure of this just going on what mums been told

update on taz, he is back at the vets today hopfully healing well other than his front leg which keeps giving way. the wounds on his chest are also starting to close. still off his food & missing deedee. its not put him off going out either.

its in the star tonight but he has become a girl am sur he doesnt mind.

Thanks for keeping us updated, and I hope Taz continues to make a good recovery. It's great to see that there are some decent dog owners in Sheffield like yourself, who keep a dog as a faithful companion rather than as a status symbol or attack dog, as some of those on this thread obviously do.

I think it's very distasteful that posters such as 0742Sheff, Dozy and Crooksey have tried to sabotage this thread with their ill-informed biased pro-staffy drivel. No amount of their ranting can disguise the fact that for as long as chavs are allowed to keep staffys as pets, attacks such as this will continue to happen.

Thanks for keeping us updated, and I hope Taz continues to make a good recovery. It's great to see that there are some decent dog owners in Sheffield like yourself, who keep a dog as a faithful companion rather than as a status symbol or attack dog, as some of those on this thread obviously do.

I think it's very distasteful that posters such as 0742Sheff, Dozy and Crooksey have tried to sabotage this thread with their ill-informed biased pro-staffy drivel. No amount of their ranting can disguise the fact that for as long as chavs are allowed to keep staffys as pets, attacks such as this will continue to happen.

I'm neither pro or anti staffy but I think we need to remember it wasn't a staffy that attacked this time. All dogs can be aggressive and it all depends on the owner. Unfortunately checks do not have to be made before someone owns a dog and people are very naive in thinking it is easy to train a dog without any help and make mistakes such as keeping them away from other dogs.

I'm glad taz is doing well and hope the owner doesn't get the dog back as it is clearly not safe and the owner cannot control it.

So where was my pro-staffy drivel and ranting? I told you that you don't have a clue what you are talking about, which you clearly don't. You now object to anyone who disagrees with you, as well as telling lies in order to further your very weak cause.

Grow up and shut up, do us all a favour.

I have never owned a staffy, but have worked with every breed of dog at a boarding kennel for 20 years. There are no bad dogs just owners that don't train them properly. I have seen some lovely staffy's and rotties, and some vicious yorkshire terriers, it's the owners not the dogs.

The voice of reason.

Post #59 which was before i even posted in this thread...

Just like all the other threads about staffy attacks, this is the kind of nonsense the staffy owners will come out of the woodwork to post.

Every staffy owner's pet is as daft as a brush, wouldn't hurt a fly, great with children, blah blah blah. Then their pet attacks an innocent child or kills another dog and it's either "oh he's never done that before " or "it's your own fault, you provoked him".

Let's face it, there's no such thing as a responsble staffy owner, simply because no responsible dog owner would ever keep such a vicious breed as a pet.

No you can't blame the dog, as a staffy's natural instinct is to attack any other animal or person that comes near it, but why do people continue to keep these vile creatures as pets and stick their fingers in their ears when people try to tell them how dangerous they are?

Making this totally untrue. In fact, my first post was #81. Take me name off that list please.

What is distasteful is you trying to drag an innocent breeds name through the mud at every opportunity. As i stated before. This thread has nothing to do with Staffords yet you once again try your best and once again you have failed and been made to look a fool.

Edited by 0742Sheff