Mums dogs attacked near Firth Park

In America they use Rotties as assistant dogs!!! Before I got my dog I was terrified of Rotties but since being out and about with other dog owners I quite like them now. Not yet met a bad one. I have met some nasty collies and Boarder terriers though!!

Aww poor Taz - I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery after his awful ordeal. Please pass on my best wishes to your mum - it's tragic when we lose one of our pets (one of my dogs died last month with lymphoma cancer) but under your mum's circumstances, it's truly horrific.

thankyou far all you wishes & support for mum & her dogs.

the star came today to do a report when it will appear i dont know. trying to find a picture of dog (deedee) that had to be pts. only got photos of him has a handsome young chap not the old man he became.

so sorry to hear about what happened to your mums dog,the wounds on taz look really nasty,hope he makes a full recovery.hope your mums ok too.did you say the owner of the dog has been found,and the dog put to sleep?i live at firth park and have seen a dog that matches that description out on its own very early in a morning.

Just like all the other threads about staffy attacks, this is the kind of nonsense the staffy owners will come out of the woodwork to post.

Every staffy owner's pet is as daft as a brush, wouldn't hurt a fly, great with children, blah blah blah. Then their pet attacks an innocent child or kills another dog and it's either "oh he's never done that before " or "it's your own fault, you provoked him".

Let's face it, there's no such thing as a responsble staffy owner, simply because no responsible dog owner would ever keep such a vicious breed as a pet.

No you can't blame the dog, as a staffy's natural instinct is to attack any other animal or person that comes near it, but why do people continue to keep these vile creatures as pets and stick their fingers in their ears when people try to tell them how dangerous they are?

Another typical load of drivel from someone whose only experience of Staffies is what they've read in the press!

If it was a Staffy's natural instinct to attack "any other animal or person that comes near it", then how in the name of Hades would the owners manage to avoid being chewed up? And wouldn't the newspapers be constantly full of reports of Staffy attacks?

I have a rescue Staffy and ended up having to phone my neighbours to come to the park to rescue us from a Jack Russell, who was unaccompanied, and kept coming after my dog (who was on a lead) and wouldn't leave him alone, despite the fact he'd had a couple of proper warnings from my dog.

If my dog had got hold of the Jack Russell, then I suppose you'd say it was my fault it was hurt, because my dog was "vicious", even though I had him on the lead.

And my Staffy had a spat with another dog that came running up to him, again when he was on his lead. Luckily no harm was done and the owner actually apologised and admitted it was his fault because his dog wasn't on the lead. I don't know who started the fight, whether the other dog snapped at mine or vice versa, because it happened so quickly. That's why responsible owners keep their dogs on a lead if they aren't sure of their ability to recall the dogs when necessary.

I know plenty of dogs that don't like being approached by dogs they don't know, and which will snap and snarl and sometimes try to attack them, but because these dogs aren't "vicious" bull breeds, nobody seems particularly bothered by their behaviour.

Oh, and a word of warning to anybody who uses Hinde Common Wood, by the old Firth Park library, to exercise their dogs, there's a Staffy-like brindle dog which is often in there on its own. It doesn't seem to be vicious, despite its breed, but any unaccompanied dog needs to be treated warily, as far as I'm concerned.

so sorry to hear about what happened to your mums dog,the wounds on taz look really nasty,hope he makes a full recovery.hope your mums ok too.did you say the owner of the dog has been found,and the dog put to sleep?i live at firth park and have seen a dog that matches that description out on its own very early in a morning.

the chest wounds are pretty deep.

the dog was caught & pts. the owner has also been found.

please pm me where you saw the dog

i dont think i can write what i want to write about ur comment highlighted in bold :loopy: shame u cant meet my rottie u might actually change ur opinion slightly if u met some!! i never said anything about big dogs doing more or less damage than little dogs...... i got hit by a lorry and a push bike the outcome would be worse from the lorry.... but that doesnt mean im more likely to be run over by a lorry cause they do more damage :huh: i

anyway sorry for goin of topic OP and im really glad taz is on the mend..... i hope your mum is doing ok too :)

Rotties and staffies have a bad name from chavs who show off their 'hard dogs' Tell me honestly you have never seen a rottie muzzled.

They are animals like all dogs and ur missing his point.

A terrier or summat small who is vicious won't/can't inflict the damage the breed mentioned will.

Don't be naive and try to tell us all staffies and rotweilers are pleasant natured dogs by nature, they have to be raised,like all dog, in a pleasant and loving environment to be pleasant dogs themselves.

If their upbringing is wrong then the dogs breed is a MAJOR factor.

Rotties and staffies have a bad name from chavs who show off their 'hard dogs' Tell me honestly you have never seen a rottie muzzled.

They are animals like all dogs and ur missing his point.

A terrier or summat small who is vicious won't/can't inflict the damage the breed mentioned will.

Don't be naive and try to tell us all staffies and rotweilers are pleasant natured dogs by nature, they have to be raised,like all dog, in a pleasant and loving environment to be pleasant dogs themselves.

If their upbringing is wrong then the dogs breed is a MAJOR factor.

You are on a hiding to nothing Web1. Try doing a little research before posting drivel.

1. Of course a terrier can cause the same amount of damage. You are being silly if you think otherwise. It may not be able to inflict the same damage in one bite but they will bite an awful lot more times.

2. ANY dog raised in the wrong environment can/will be anti social.

Once more an innocent thread gets dragged down into the gutter by numpties knowing nothing except what the daily rag tells them. The dog in this thread wasn't even a Staffie or Rottie for heavens sake!

You are on a hiding to nothing Web1. Try doing a little research before posting drivel.

1. Of course a terrier can cause the same amount of damage. You are being silly if you think otherwise. It may not be able to inflict the same damage in one bite but they will bite an awful lot more times.

2. ANY dog raised in the wrong environment can/will be anti social.

Once more an innocent thread gets dragged down into the gutter by numpties knowing nothing except what the daily rag tells them. The dog in this thread wasn't even a Staffie or Rottie for heavens sake!

my dog is a weapon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6jIJz93J28

I have read all these sickly and cloying sentiments regarding the unfortunate dogs.

Yet when a child is maimed and sometimes killed you lot barely comment unless to blame the child for having the temerity to be in the same space as the dog.

You lot are a breed on your own never mind differentiating between other dog types.

If you all have such wonderful dogs how come they cause so much trouble.