Mums dogs attacked near Firth Park

Thank goodness it was not another child hurt and maimed and only a dog.

It isn't 'only a dog' though. Obviously it's better than a child but to that woman her dog was probably like a child to her. I know now we have all grown up my 2 dogs are her babies now. The dogs get better fed than us ;).

Nobody should have to lose or have their child, dog or cat hurt in such a cruel way.

It isn't 'only a dog' though. Obviously it's better than a child but to that woman her dog was probably like a child to her. I know now we have all grown up my 2 dogs are her babies now. The dogs get better fed than us ;).

Nobody should have to lose or have their child, dog or cat hurt in such a cruel way.

I totally agree.

Just like all the other threads about staffy attacks, this is the kind of nonsense the staffy owners will come out of the woodwork to post.

Every staffy owner's pet is as daft as a brush, wouldn't hurt a fly, great with children, blah blah blah. Then their pet attacks an innocent child or kills another dog and it's either "oh he's never done that before " or "it's your own fault, you provoked him".

Let's face it, there's no such thing as a responsble staffy owner, simply because no responsible dog owner would ever keep such a vicious breed as a pet.

No you can't blame the dog, as a staffy's natural instinct is to attack any other animal or person that comes near it, but why do people continue to keep these vile creatures as pets and stick their fingers in their ears when people try to tell them how dangerous they are?

So are you saying it is only staffys that have instincts to attack another dog? Suppose you've met all the staffys then, have you? I don't see how owning a staffy could possibly make you irresponsible, because all breeds could have a tendancy to attack, you could have the friendliest dog and it could turn on you one day. Seems you've had a bad experience with one in the past or you wouldn't have such a strong negative opinion.

I have just heard that the dog in question has been put to sleep already. The police man who came to the incident asked the owner if he would agree to have it put down and he did.

What a stupid comment if you have read the previous posts you would have read that the lady had the dog from being a few weeks old so it would be like losing a child to her

Just like all the other threads about staffy attacks, this is the kind of nonsense the staffy owners will come out of the woodwork to post.

Every staffy owner's pet is as daft as a brush, wouldn't hurt a fly, great with children, blah blah blah. Then their pet attacks an innocent child or kills another dog and it's either "oh he's never done that before " or "it's your own fault, you provoked him".

Let's face it, there's no such thing as a responsble staffy owner, simply because no responsible dog owner would ever keep such a vicious breed as a pet.

No you can't blame the dog, as a staffy's natural instinct is to attack any other animal or person that comes near it, but why do people continue to keep these vile creatures as pets and stick their fingers in their ears when people try to tell them how dangerous they are?

what planet have u fell from??? i think u read far too many newspapers!!!!!! unfortunately im not a staffie owner but im very fond of the breed and they make excellent family dogs if brought up correctly like ANY breed!!! one of my dogs is a rottweiler does that make me a irresponsible owner because i own a breed that gets bad press??? :loopy:

back on topic..... such a sad story and thoughts are with the lady whos dogs have been attacked :( and shame on the owner of the american bulldog owner for failing his dog..... shame its only the dog thats suffered and not the owner!!!

what planet have u fell from??? i think u read far too many newspapers!!!!!! unfortunately im not a staffie owner but im very fond of the breed and they make excellent family dogs if brought up correctly like ANY breed!!! one of my dogs is a rottweiler does that make me a irresponsible owner because i own a breed that gets bad press???

back on topic..... such a sad story and thoughts are with the lady whos dogs have been attacked and shame on the owner of the american bulldog owner for failing his dog..... shame its only the dog thats suffered and not the owner!!!

Well said. Some of the comments on here are so blinkered.

Why is it that people generalise about breeds so much.......

It's a big dog it will bite,it's a small dog how cute,what a load of tosh......

The fact is if a big dog bites it can do more damage than a small dog,fact,thats it how simple is that......

Some dog owners amase me they just havn't got a clue.....

doesn't really matter what breed it was it was roaming the streets alone. its attacked & killed at beloved family pet & seriously wounded another. let alone the damage it has done to a person, witnessing the attack then having to deal with the outcome.

also the people who helped my mum.

my mum is a responsible dog owner & has taught me to be. i think & this is my own opinion that the dog license should be brought back & people shouldn't be able to own them with their being strict guidelines of what happens when something goes wrong & how to stop things going wrong.

Truly hope taz makes a speedy recovery,loads of tlc.......