Mums dogs attacked near Firth Park

this morning 2 of my mums dogs were attacked by a 'pit bull' type dog near the gates of firth park on cammel road.

they are both now at the pdsa where they are being operated on.

the police now have the dog so it cant do anymore damage. they had to cs gas the dog to get it under control.

my mums dogs where on the lead which they always are. 1 of of them is a very old man who doesnt cope with anaestectic so we ae waiting the outcome.

my mum is still in shock

why do people own dog when they cant control them?

This is so bad, my friends dog was attacked by a similar dog on wincobank hill a few weeks ago, there was 2 of the dogs and her dad had to get them and put them in his van as the police/ rspca and dog wrden refused to come out!!!!

She was told they had been returned to the owners a few days later....they then went on to attack another dog on wincobank hill!......wonder if it is the same one. hope your mums are ok bless them .

This is so bad, my friends dog was attacked by a similar dog on wincobank hill a few weeks ago, there was 2 of the dogs and her dad had to get them and put them in his van as the police/ rspca and dog wrden refused to come out!!!!

She was told they had been returned to the owners a few days later....they then went on to attack another dog on wincobank hill!......wonder if it is the same one. hope your mums are ok bless them .

where abouts on wincobank hill was this? I walk my dog there everyday and have not heard of dogs being attacked there and talk to a lot of owners as my dog is very sociable.

It was the very top near sandstone road, it has happened to two dogs to y knowledge and one was my best friends, it was her dad that had to take the other 2 dogs to the pdsa

really hope the dog's make a full recovery &

"why do people own dog when they cant control them?"

I think its a Macho thing and ppl dont and wont reliese bull breeds are lethal , its way overdue that Bull breeds are muzzled in public or destroyed imo

OMG! Aweful news, really do hope the two who were attacked will pull through. Xxxx

sorry to say but 1 of the dogs has had to be put to sleep, parlty because of the attack but he had other health problems too which he was coping with fine. his wound was to his neck & chest.

still waiting for news on the other dog. he has a wound to his chest & shoulder.

mums other dog wasnt attacked it didnt bother with her.

the dog was an all white american bulldog.

the police are contacting mum later today.

That's shocking news. I hope you are coping.

i am sort of ok. its mum that i am worrying about.

deedee was 16 & she had him since he was 8 weeks old. taz is 10 & been around since he was 6 months old, they are her kids now ive grown up

Thats really terrible, I am so very sorry to hear about your Mums dogs and particularly that one didn't survive she must be feeling so upset right now.

What did they do with the dog that did this? in my opinion if a dog is that viscous it should be put to sleep, no ifs or buts, if people want to keep these sort of dogs then they should have the security in place to make sure that they don't get out and hurt another animal, something really does need to be done about these dogs, and the owners need to be held far more responsible.

I was once bit in my lower abdomen by a german shepherd whilst delivering take away food, i was rushed to hosptial, the police did nothing! (not the owners fault is it!)

recently i've had family probs.(family court) i get arrested and charged just because my ex makes a false complaint. the law STINKS!

in my opinion if a dog is that viscous it should be put to sleep, no ifs or buts, if people want to keep these sort of dogs then they should have the security in place to make sure that they don't get out and hurt another animal, something really does need to be done about these dogs, and the owners need to be held far more responsible.

Dogs are not born viscious. They are learning creatures. Unfortunately in our society these 'pitbull types' are kept for the wrong reasons. Irresponsible owners with dogs that haven't had loving sociable homes is a recipe for disaster.

I have never had a problem with walking my dogs off the lead in 15 years or meeting any other dog walkers. I suppose if i lived in a rundown area i'd be on my guard more against these types of dog and owners. These dogs are bred for being aggressive and sometimes fighting purposes. :roll:

Hope your mutts pull through anyway :D