New Optio Ticket/Service

How many Councillors sit of the board of the SYPTE/Transport authority? And who funds the PTE?

There are Councillors from all of the South Yorkshire Local Authorities on the Integrated Transport Authority, twelve of them in all. The PTE get funds from a variety of sources, some of it is a precept on all the South Yorkshire Local Authorities.

so I tried to purchase a student ticket on the 120 on pond street going up to Fulwood. No joy, driver said they aren't doing them anymore. Lots of confusing stand offs and lots of time wasted as the driver had to tell people again and again that they couldn't get the ticket they had been buying on that route for the last year.

this is what happens when you make changes with no notice or public notification. Nowhere did it say that the 50p fare was being removed.

If the bus companies want to work a route together then surely the same fare structures should apply to all buses on that route? The stagecoach 120's still offer a student fare at 60p. Guess who I'll be travelling with from now on.

You can still get a 50p fare on first 120, The bus driver is wrong :roll:

You can still get a 50p fare on first 120, The bus driver is wrong :roll:

yep, but the ticket machine wont issue student tickets either. So nothing they can do on the bus. This needs sorting.

yep, but the ticket machine wont issue student tickets either. So nothing they can do on the bus. This needs sorting.

All they need to do is 50 on the white keys and press special single as told by radio control :-)

Was the PTE funded radio/tracker working ;)

I buy a monthly travel master which can be used on all buses/trams/local trains etc so the financial changes don't really affect me.

However i use the 120/40/44 to travel to work at rhh

So....now i only have the option of the 120 (first and Stagecoach) Used this service three times this week and wasn't impressed. The frequency is not as good, all the buses turning up were packed to the rafters. Hell knows what it will be like when kids are back at school.

First impression is a big thumbs down from me

I buy a monthly travel master which can be used on all buses/trams/local trains etc so the financial changes don't really affect me.

However i use the 120/40/44 to travel to work at rhh

So....now i only have the option of the 120 (first and Stagecoach) Used this service three times this week and wasn't impressed. The frequency is not as good, all the buses turning up were packed to the rafters. Hell knows what it will be like when kids are back at school.

First impression is a big thumbs down from me

There will be a lot of children/students not getting on the 120 come sept due to Legal load limits.

Was the PTE funded radio/tracker working ;)

Lol the PTE used us our hard earned cash to pay for that :loopy:

As a user of the 120 I have to say its a thumbs down from me. I complained and had replies that basically said it was an improvement whether users found it to be so or not.Also the changes to the bus stops in town have been very poorly publicised and caused a lot of confusion.

Lol the PTE used us our hard earned cash to pay for that :loopy:

These things are necessary to feed info to the real-time information displays at bus stops and interchanges and the you-next-bus mobile phone based service.

People seem to like these and they don't work unless you can track the buses.

These things are necessary to feed info to the real-time information displays at bus stops and interchanges and the you-next-bus mobile phone based service.

People seem to like these and they don't work unless you can track the buses.

I think the point being made was that this hasn't been working on most First 120s this week. It's working a little better now, perhaps around half of them.

Still it conveniently hides the poor serviice on the route since the changes.

Just read elsewhere that the 123 is now going to be extended from Endcliffe Student Village to the Westminster Estate in Fulwood from next month. Positive step forward agreed, though no First service still through to Halfway, Westfield or Waterthorpe from town. How long before they realise what a flop this has been and bring back the 41. The sooner the better!

Here is what was said about the Stagecoach 123 service - Passengers are celebrating after bus bosses announced plans to reinstate services to a Sheffield neighbourhood following protests. Almost 600 people from the Westminster Estate in Lodge Moor signed a petition against changes to services under the Optio Orange scheme, in which First and Stagecoach have agreed to share routes and fares between Halfway and Fulwood.

Under new timetables, launched on July 24, 120 journeys to Hallam Grange Road and the Westminster Estate were scrapped, with the service terminating on Barncliffe Road, Fulwood. It left residents with a steep walk up or down hill to catch the 120 or the 51 from Redmires Road. Now Stagecoach is asking for permission to extend its 123 service, which currently operates half-hourly between Crystal Peaks, the city centre and Endcliffe, to run into Fulwood to the Westminster Estate, from September 5.

Read more: http://www.forum.sy-transport.co.uk/index.cgi?board=buses&action=display&thread=16418&page=20#ixzz1USPWfd5n