Roughest area in Sheffield?

Originally posted by t020

LMAO - was this the same group of 15 youths you mentioned over 8 MONTHS AGO here - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?postid=315211#post315211 ? Or is this a spookily replica incident? One could almost me tempted to think that you have a ready made story for these kind of threads. :hihi:

I remember that - the Hunters' Bar roundabout et al.

:)

There's been lot's of talk about "rough areas" in and around sheffield. People can be rough, but you cannot generalise that an area is rough. I live in Woodthorpe and 99% of the time our road which is quite a long road is really quiet, and l mean quiet.Once in a while there may be a domestic or something of the sort.apart from that nothing.However you can go to some part of the estate on another night and there could be alot of problems with teenagers.Out of perhaps 15 kids, 3 will be from woodthorpe, the rest from Darnall, Manor, Pitsmoor, Tinsley, Hillsborough. It doesn't really matter, if you have good neighbours and respect for each other....where does rough come into it. my neice and her husband live at Dore, he had his house broken into, the car nicked, and there's alot of youth nuisance in the area. Post code roughness........?

there is no roughest place in sheff.everywhere as got its troubles.even places like dore and totley.

Originally posted by Reesh

my neice and her husband live at Dore, he had his house broken into, the car nicked, and there's alot of youth nuisance in the area. Post code roughness........?

As I've pointed out many times in the past, stories like this are irrelevant. It's about the statistics, and the facts speak for themselves. You're a lot less statistically likely to be broken in to, have your car nicked, suffer violence, etc etc, living in places such as Dore.

Crime and Community Safety

.............................................................................Ecclesall.... Hallam ...... Dore........Sheffield Average

Burglary from a dwelling (Rate per 1,000 households)............ 19.4....... 18.3....... 16.8............ 29.4

Robbery offences (Rate per 1,000 population)........................ 1.0...........1.1........ 0.6.............. 2.6

Violence against the person (Rate per 1,000 population)......... 0.7......... 0.7......... 2.3.............. 6.0

Theft from a motor vehicle (Rate per 1,000 population)........... 13.0....... 10.1....... 12.7.......... 18.5

Theft of a motor vehicle (Rate per 1,000 population)............... 2.6........... 2.2........ 2.3............ 6.9

Source: Sheffield City Council Community Safety Team 2002.

Originally posted by t020

As I've pointed out many times in the past, stories like this are irrelevant. It's about the statistics, and the facts speak for themselves. You're a lot less statistically likely to be broken in to, have your car nicked, suffer violence, etc etc, living in places such as Dore.

Crime and Community Safety

.............................................................................Ecclesall.... Hallam ...... Dore........Sheffield Average

Burglary from a dwelling (Rate per 1,000 households)............ 19.4....... 18.3....... 16.8............ 29.4

Robbery offences (Rate per 1,000 population)........................ 1.0...........1.1........ 0.6.............. 2.6

Violence against the person (Rate per 1,000 population)......... 0.7......... 0.7......... 2.3.............. 6.0

Theft from a motor vehicle (Rate per 1,000 population)........... 13.0....... 10.1....... 12.7.......... 18.5

Theft of a motor vehicle (Rate per 1,000 population)............... 2.6........... 2.2........ 2.3............ 6.9

Source: Sheffield City Council Community Safety Team 2002.

Yuck, we all KNOW how much you love your precious Eccleshall, give it a rest FFS!

Rich,

All t020 is doing is posting the statistics; perhaps YOU need to chill out a little.

Joe

Originally posted by Internetowl

all the real criminals live at Whirlow and Ranmoor ;)

Naz hasn't been found guilty yet, has he? ;)

Originally posted by Rich

Yuck, we all KNOW how much you love your precious Eccleshall, give it a rest FFS!

Oh dear oh dear,,,,,here we go

wyborn is the only placed i've felt uneasy in....in the daytime!

:|

ive heard parson cross is pretty good now with the new housing development...Handsworth is ruff as ****

Originally posted by Rich

So what is wrong with T020 being proud of the area he lives?,are you not as proud as you're beloved Stannington?.

Im sure you are as you're always defending the area,as would most people.

Originally posted by tango2

So what is wrong with T020 being proud of the area he lives?,are you not as proud as you're beloved Stannington?.

Im sure you are as you're always defending the area,as would most people.

Indeed - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?postid=713022#post713022 . :)