Roughest area in Sheffield?

Originally posted by D2J

Now Now lets all placy nicely :hihi:

On the subject of Rough Area's, I've just had the pleasure of driving through Upperthorpe :gag: The place looks like Beruit!

try walking through it. The stench of urine is wonderful. The little shop bit is horrid.

nice library though:thumbsup:

p.s so you aren't thinking of moving there then?

Originally posted by robbie

Who knows where I'll end up in Feb..

Ain't got a spare room have ya Robbie :heyhey:

Originally posted by D2J

Who knows where I'll end up in Feb..

Ain't got a spare room have ya Robbie :heyhey:

you could share the cellar with the gimp? ;)

Originally posted by tango2

However the night of 9th Nov was a different story,the bus shelter was full of about 15 youths who appeared to be fueled on white cider (turps) harrassing passengers and throwing cans at passers by.

LMAO - was this the same group of 15 youths you mentioned over 8 MONTHS AGO here - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?postid=315211#post315211 ? Or is this a spookily replica incident? One could almost me tempted to think that you have a ready made story for these kind of threads. :hihi:

Originally posted by t020

LMAO - was this the same group of 15 youths you mentioned over 8 MONTHS AGO here - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?postid=315211#post315211 ? Or is this a spookily replica incident? One could almost me tempted to think that you have a ready made story for these kind of threads. :hihi:

hehe, caught red handed ay ;)

Good work T020 :thumbsup:

PMSL ,,,no the post all those months ago was a wind up,,but he last one is genuine it did happen,maybe the total headcount may be different to what was stated.I just used it to highlight the fact that that is not normal behaviour for that area.

Anyway I like the number 15

The area in question has always come across as rather quiet, whith the exception of schools turning out, but any trouble at that time is mainly cause by people not from the area.

High stores and Silverdale has a largeproportion of pupils from areas such as Broomhall,Hillsborough,Stannington and many other areas.

10 out of 10 for the memory though,,,lol:D

Is that a photographic memory you have there t020? I'm amazed you remembered that :o

Originally posted by BoroughGal

[MOD NOTE] Back on topic without arguing (if that's possible) please. If it continues, the thread will be shut.

Nice one Mod. Flower estate despite it's name , not very nice. All inter related and scary people, and before all the furore I lived there for years. thats why I have six toes( only kidding I have twelfty)

Absolutely PMSL at the last bit Little_Alex! :hihi:

Originally posted by vidster

Absolutely PMSL at the last bit Little_Alex! :hihi:

Why I'm not joking and I'm bossed eyed:D

Originally posted by Abdul

I'd avoid Walkley - it's full of noisy students, who practice DIY at all times of the day. And night.

Only just found this posting......

PMSL!! :thumbsup:

Abdul, this is SO true! You are spot-on with the DIY! It's almost a fetish in Walkley

StarSparkle

Originally posted by robbie

try walking through it. The stench of urine is wonderful. The little shop bit is horrid.

nice library though:thumbsup:

Upperthorpe seemed all right - I think I went on the bus through it to Walkley - seems typically Sheffield-y area - terraced housing built on steep roads.

:P