Roughest area in Sheffield?

Out of curiosity what does that mean. Am i being dumb or can I blame it on my age?

I always thought that it was quite ''well to do'', I never visited it as I lived at Heeley. There used to be two buses, 1 to Parson Cross and 1 to Foxhill.

i came form parson cross moved off cause it was rough i would not live in that area again if they gave me a house for free

So what exactly do you know about Wybourn. Does that mean that all people living on there are vile, if so that includes me, at which I am offended. I work for the NHS, have a partner who works full time as a chef, we have bought our house and had major refurbishments carried out as have plenty of other people on the estate. I wish people would stop crowing about these rough estates and realise the only reason they get bad names is because the people who give them these reputations are not stopped from their bad behaviour and spoil it for the rest of us.:rant::rant:

He can't even spell it!

all areas are rough in their own wouldnt you agree?

Not really, no.

Which streets of Burngreave are the nicest?

(I'm not local...) But I want to visit!

Looking for a place to rent in the summer there

lived in Darnall all my life never seen a single criminal act

:hihi:

lived in Darnall all my life never seen a single criminal act

:hihi:

Just stand outside or inside The Terminus, they are more regular than the number 6 bus.

Like many have said, it's the people that live there. Most people see rough areas as council housed areas, which is untrue to a degree. I grew up on a council estate and I work, don't claim benefit and have never been convicted (or commited) a crime! It is all about the individual. I now live in Parson Cross and find it extremly quiet at all times of the day.

Just stand outside or inside The Terminus, they are more regular than the number 6 bus.

Only little girls in there they not trouble makers

More like tellitubbies

No twichibi.

But it always amazes me when people start flaming areas, and yet they don't even appear to know the correct name of the place they're running down (e.g., abathorne!).

Mind you, there are folk on SF who have been known to give parts of the city a bad name and yet admit they've never been there, or avoid going there, or haven't been there for years. They so easily trot out their prejudices against such places, but lack the ability to back up their claims. Their ignorance is breathtaking.

Well said! Thanks for your support of Arbourthorne as well. I know the area well, and its not as bad as some people think!

Manor is dethanty the roughewst area in sheffield and probalry south yorkshire

What a load of rubbish! C'mon, the spelling police, do your stuff!