Roughest area in Sheffield?

Manor, Parson Cross, Wybourb, Burngreave.

All vile little griefholes. Should be fenced in like the original ghetto's in Venice back in the 15th and 16th centuries.

disagree completely, i was brought up on the Wybourn estate and I despise people what go on about it being so rough etc etc. Yes it has bad parts and yes not all the people are angels but you should not tarr everyone with the same brush.

As soon as i tell people where i am from they pull a face, why? before they knew where i was from they thought i was a nice polite person so why do there opinions change as soon as I say where I grew up.

Imho I would have to say, in order of roughness 1.Winn Gardens(all of it) 2.Castlebeck(manor) 3.Exeter Drive(Broomhall) 4.Round Chaucer School(cross) 5.Darnall(round the shops bit)

Manor, Parson Cross, Wybourb, Burngreave.

All vile little griefholes. Should be fenced in like the original ghetto's in Venice back in the 15th and 16th centuries.

So what exactly do you know about Wybourn. Does that mean that all people living on there are vile, if so that includes me, at which I am offended. I work for the NHS, have a partner who works full time as a chef, we have bought our house and had major refurbishments carried out as have plenty of other people on the estate. I wish people would stop crowing about these rough estates and realise the only reason they get bad names is because the people who give them these reputations are not stopped from their bad behaviour and spoil it for the rest of us.:rant::rant:

Sorry but got to reply to Ladymuck sorry ladyboy i will try again Ladysmith.

I feel you have a problem with yourself!

Maybe when you lived on the Manor (cough cough) your home life was pretty sad or maybe you were an outcast so you have a problem with your past?

For someone to hate somewhere so much i think the problem is you and the Manor is taking abuse for your own little sad life.

I love where i live and you can pull it down all you like you miserable lump!

C mon fab girl dont let her pull us down.

Here, here, I have got some great mates on the Manor, all working I might add, and I live on Wybourn. I just think Ladysmith is a bigoted, self opinionated sad person, and should get a life.:rant:

LadySmith -

I don't normally reply to threads, but with the comments that you have posted I feel the need too.

I believe that everyone is entitled to their own views etc.. but you could have just put the list of areas that you feel are not up to your standards but to say they need swipe cards to get in and out is so rude

Having been raised by my mother in Pitsmoor, I can honestly say I have one more thing than you and it is called MANNERS!!! So been from a rough area... is not that bad after all, let me know if you what to borrow my swipe card sometime.. you could do with it..

:rant:

Theres some dodgy parts on most of the council estates to be fair, I don't know about the roughest, but just of west st. is an area which may aswell be called 'crack central', and the tower blocks on the bottom of london rd are supposed to be a bit dodgy. Im not to keen on the ones at upperthrope neither.

where off west st?

There could be a swipecard syste in place to ensure all residents in before nightfall, and they could get jobs in the daytime. Mind, most of the people on these kind of estates are unemployed anyways, so wouldn't be allowed to leave.

A post that has really boiled my blood.

I have lived in Parson Cross most my life, my parents live on Yew Lane, unfortunately due to needing at least 20 years waiting time to get on Yew Lane I moved further afield and got a council house on Deerlands Ave. I have worked since being 16 and have an extremely good job now ((I have never claimed income support, SSP or the like))

I was fortunate enough to buy my own house by the time I was 22, again in Parson Cross. Not everyone is as fortunate but that does not mean they do not try.

You cannot tar a single area and I always go by the opinion that people will feel comfortable in an area that they know. I would probably feel out of sorts on the Manor but only because I do not know the area, but am completly comfortable around Parson Cross day or night whereas someone from Manor may not.

You get drug dealers, theives and so forth in every area.

Can you imagine on your rehousing form, please tick the following - drug dealer - car theif - murderer and then decide where you may be rehoused so ''your type'' are all together.

People really should grow up a little and stop stereotyping, especially when the facts are based on what their sisters, brothers, girlfriends mum said upteen years!!

OK Rant Over !

Its nice to see so much passion concerning some of the city's more maligned areas - but I suspect the people who are posting regarding LadySmiths comments are giving him/her exactly the reaction they are looking for.

Do not feed the troll:)

Do not feed the troll:)

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Parson Cross used to be the Stockbroker Belt in the 70's.

Parson Cross used to be the Stockbroker Belt in the 70's.

Out of curiosity what does that mean. Am i being dumb or can I blame it on my age?