Roughest area in Sheffield?

No ones mentioned Woodthorpe, oh my god, my daughters split from her partner, the Council offered her a house near the shops towards the end of Woodthorpe, its like Beirut, bordered up houses, groups of, what i can only describe as shady, and im being polite, men hanging around on street corners, when i went to see it i was depressed and told her so, fortunatley, she's not taking it

All areas have nice people, good honest hardworking families, and they also have morons, be it benefit scroungers, drunks or druggies.

What about good honest hardworking druggies?

What about good honest hardworking druggies?

Old Alf:

"Listen if I pay my taxes and work then I will take any drugs I please and no namby pamby nanny state will tell me otherwise. It's about time the workers started standing up to the shirkers"

Ladies and gentlemen, old Alf has left the building. Thank you very much.

It really annoys me when people who comment on the Manor really no nothing about the Manor at all!

I have mates, aunties, brothers and so on! What a load of rubbish.

I live on the manor just off prince of wales and it's really nice with hardly any trouble at all infact its almost dead at nights as the groups that used to knock about have all been moved on by the Police.

There are lots of good honest hard working people on the Manor and some people on here think they can judge if they are nice or not!

Come to Fairleigh (Manor) and see for yourself! the houses are new the area is clean and the crime is very low.

The point everyone is missing is that you are forgetting to put "SOME PLACES" before u slag an area.

Where do i feel is the worst area in Sheffield i will keep my opinion to myself in respect to the good people in those area's, shame most of you lot in here cant do the same.

Lets do a thread "people who pull areas down to convince themselves they live in a perfect area"

It's got to be the Manor.

To Manorblade.........................Well spoken. I admire you for standing up for the area that you live in. It is people like yourself that will eventually turn things around. It is people like you that are needed in the area. People that have hope and vision for a better future. People that are prepared to stand up and be counted. People that can make the difference just by speaking out.

There are bad areas all over the country.........why bother to "name and shame" them? What does it achieve? The "bad" folk that live in these areas won't care a rats ass, but the insult to the good folk that live in these areas is very hurtful.

heear hear, i live in fairleigh and have been trying to make the same point as manorblade. we have had no trouble whatsoever since we've been here. we were thinking about moving (because of issues with the maintenance and letting agents) but ended up staying BECAUSE we like it here so much.

It really annoys me when people who comment on the Manor really no nothing about the Manor at all!

I have mates, aunties, brothers and so on! What a load of rubbish.

I live on the manor just off prince of wales and it's really nice with hardly any trouble at all infact its almost dead at nights as the groups that used to knock about have all been moved on by the Police.

There are lots of good honest hard working people on the Manor and some people on here think they can judge if they are nice or not!

Come to Fairleigh (Manor) and see for yourself! the houses are new the area is clean and the crime is very low.

The point everyone is missing is that you are forgetting to put "SOME PLACES" before u slag an area.

Where do i feel is the worst area in Sheffield i will keep my opinion to myself in respect to the good people in those area's, shame most of you lot in here cant do the same.

Lets do a thread "people who pull areas down to convince themselves they live in a perfect area"

Hear Hear! Well said. Same goes for the Arbourthorne, where I live.

If you want a more objective opinion on any area (based on postcode), try the Neighbourhood Profiles on Upmystreet.

(If you need a postcode for a street, you can find it here)

If you want a more objective opinion on any area (based on postcode), try the Neighbourhood Profiles on Upmystreet.

(If you need a postcode for a street, you can find it here)

Had a look at the "upmystreet" website - seems like a load of rubbish to me!:hihi:

Had a look at the "upmystreet" website - seems like a load of rubbish to me!:hihi:

Seems fine for my area :hihi:

Seems fine for my area :hihi:

Mine too, but why let objective facts get in the way of delusion? The Manor - I'd love to live there. :hihi: