Roughest area in Sheffield?

Theres some dodgy parts on most of the council estates to be fair, I don't know about the roughest, but just of west st. is an area which may aswell be called 'crack central', and the tower blocks on the bottom of london rd are supposed to be a bit dodgy. Im not to keen on the ones at upperthrope neither.

Its all relative basically, as I said on the last page. Everywhere has scum that bring down the neighbourhood. Even places like Dore will have some chav lottery winner that makes a nuisance of themselves.

Dore was also big on drugs. There was once a field where magic mushrooms grew...

And what about Crookes as quoted on early post...lol...beware the Crookes Massive; although there have been a few cannibus houses busted up that way...

Had a look at the "upmystreet" website - seems like a load of rubbish to me!:hihi:

It's a load of rubbish to me too. Mind you, it might help if they had used the correct Postcode sector.

Dore was also big on drugs. There was once a field where magic mushrooms grew...

And what about Crookes as quoted on early post...lol...beware the Crookes Massive; although there have been a few cannibus houses busted up that way...

Nether Edge has had its hoard of cannabis basements - FFS is there a part of Sheffield NOT involved in drugs or alcohol?

Having worked as a gardener this summer for a local elderly charity I had the pleasure of working on pretty much all of sheffields council estates. I am not one to slag off any area, as I know theyre are problems in every part of sheffield and decent, hard working people everywhere you go.

However, I quickly realised where I would not like to be housed!!

Woodthorpe - (near the shops at the bottom). It has to be one of the most deprived areas currently. It has been totally abandoned while entire estates like the manor have been re-developed. very unfair.

Wybourn - Extremely tough estate I found. Worked all over both wybourn and arbourthorne and the latter felt much safer.

Parson Cross (Deerlands)

Stubbin&Brushes near Firth Park seemed quite dodgy, saw a lot of drug deals.

Vikinglea on the manor, we refused to work because the car would most certainly have not been there after the job lol.

The rest of the manor was fine in my opinion though. Certainly less drug addicts than PX

Judging by the number of areas mentioned I think the answer seems to be SHEFFIELD

Judging by the number of areas mentioned I think the answer seems to be SHEFFIELD

Quite. Sad that see so much of the city seems to be inhabited by utter dross.

Manor and Parson Cross have seemed alright whenever I've had to go through them. I wouldn't like to be alone in Burngreave at night though.

Manor and Parson Cross have seemed alright whenever I've had to go through them. I wouldn't like to be alone in Burngreave at night though.

People tar the whole estate with the same brush. There are good honest hardworking people on the Cross, but it's only the scumbags who get any recognition.

Manor, Parson Cross, Wybourb, Burngreave.

All vile little griefholes. Should be fenced in like the original ghetto's in Venice back in the 15th and 16th centuries.

All vile little griefholes. Should be fenced in like the original ghetto's in Venice back in the 15th and 16th centuries.

and how would the honest decent members of those communities get to work?

How do you know what these areas are like? You never venture far from beneath your bridge...