Roughest area in Sheffield?

No twichibi.

But it always amazes me when people start flaming areas, and yet they don't even appear to know the correct name of the place they're running down (e.g., abathorne!).

Mind you, there are folk on SF who have been known to give parts of the city a bad name and yet admit they've never been there, or avoid going there, or haven't been there for years. They so easily trot out their prejudices against such places, but lack the ability to back up their claims. Their ignorance is breathtaking.

Well said!

There are good and bad wherever you go so the argument is totally flawed anyway so there is no point arguing about it.

There are good and bad wherever you go so the argument is totally flawed anyway so there is no point arguing about it.

no some areas of sheffield are bad, even the AA i think it is will not go on manor est! you can also work this out by the housing list alot of housers are empty on the bad estates the council cant fill them!

no some areas of sheffield are bad, even the AA i think it is will not go on manor est! you can also work this out by the housing list alot of housers are empty on the bad estates the council cant fill them!

Actually, there's an overall shortage of council properties, I think you won't find many empty for long anywhere these days! :o

Re bad areas - every town and city has some bits that are more desirable than others. But a lot of it is down to people's perceptions, some people would be much more comfortable living on a council estate than on a private road, and others would be the total opposite. Burngreave and Pitsmoor get singled out as bad areas often, but I have a friend at Pitsmoor who wouldn't live anywhere else. Another moved out of a lovely street in Stannington due to neighbour problems. :huh:

Burngreave and Pitsmoor get singled out as bad areas often, but I have a friend at Pitsmoor who wouldn't live anywhere else.

I agree with you since the Catherine Arms was closed (over 10 years ago now!) surely Pitsmoor hasn't been a particularly bad area at all. some of the roads up at the top of the hill (where Barnsley Road begins) around Pitsmoor itself aren't bad at all and are even described as up and coming.

Don't people often mean Burngreave when they are talking about the worst parts of the Pitsmoor/Burngreave area.

Are you sure you don't mean Ecclesall Road...I can hardly imagine many people shouting and screaming and falling out of taxis in Ecclesall village itself. What you're describing sounds like its nearly 2 miles away in student land.Taken to its logical conclusion its rather like confusing London Road and London or Chesterfield Road and Chesterfield just because theyve got the places in the road names.

Yes, I do mean the Eccie Rd, drives me nuts at times. I have go through it on the bus. I am not posh and don't have a car, which is why sitting in traffic on a stuffy bus drives me bonkers.

Mind you, we did have a few kids falling out of a taxi up our road at 3.30 a few weeks ago, waking the entire street with their shouting. Mind you, mummy and daddy had gone away.

Thinking further I do realise that people do live in real fear of their neighbours. My moans are really nothing, when you consider what does go on. I would wish everyone could live peacefully and free of fear. Our lives would all be improved.

Rough areas ------> Manor, Low Edges, Crookes, Sharrow.

Crookes! are you having a laugh? oh some old lasy must have pointed her walking stick at you......:)

Manor is dethanty the roughewst area in sheffield and probalry south yorkshire

I have never had any trouble there so far. In fact we've just opted to extend out tenancy. Its not all bad, the newish houses where we live are quite nice, and the neighbours are quiet.

I've heard some people say it's Parson Cross (where i live), some people say it's Darnall, others say Pitsmoor and some say Tinsley.

So, what is the roughest place in Sheffield?:P

Dore. They shoot grouse there.

I think you will find that was the RAC, the matter was resolved very quickly and they now patrol on their if needed too. :)