The Star-it must be a light news month!

Strangely enough, whenever I've had to use the services of the Childrens Hospital I've been so thankful they've sorted my kids out that I wouldn't have thought to complain about the parking system.

As Aliens and Bonjon have pointed out many times, they should just pay the fine. (in this case they would have a point because it's a City Council ticket.)

As Aliens and Bonjon have pointed out many times, they should just pay the fine. (in this case they would have a point because it's a City Council ticket.)

Lol its the only they would have been right. Where's bonjon wen you need him lol

Edited by Ladeckington

If they appeal and their appeal's rejected they'll have no choice but to pay the fine as it would be a criminal matter if they chose not to do so, what Aliens and Bonjon say on other parking matters is irrelevant as they are civil issues.

Do u remember the Tv series the Gaffa? He used to throw parking tickets out of his window whilst driving. And what happened to that Heathen? He was forever bring chased by the law. Don't suffer the heartache :roll:

Do u remember the Tv series the Gaffa? He used to throw parking tickets out of his window whilst driving. And what happened to that Heathen? He was forever bring chased by the law. Don't suffer the heartache :roll:

Yes, parking tickets-not invoices ;)

i was disappointed with the picture too...

also, unless the Star missed this point... both parents took the daughter to the hospital, dumped the car and both went into A&E, then after probably quite a long time reiceveing care, the father returned to the car to find the ticket. There are very few(none probably) hospitals who have free parking regardless of the emergency. so why would you expect a city centre hopital to be different?

i realise that anaphalactic shock can be very scary but it seems that the common practice of 'you go in and i will park the car' has not been applied, first time dad or otherwise. Im a single parent and thankfully didnt have this issue because my friend parked the car while i got her booked in - next time get an ambulance to prevent the car park dilemma! not really - unless it is a genuine emergency!

My bold.

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, but are you saying one parent should have prioritised parking the car over ensuring their child was ok?

My bold.

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, but are you saying one parent should have prioritised parking the car over ensuring their child was ok?

..er, cough, cough..splutter...do you think we could be related? :suspect::hihi:

If they appeal and their appeal's rejected they'll have no choice but to pay the fine as it would be a criminal matter if they chose not to do so, what Aliens and Bonjon say on other parking matters is irrelevant as they are civil issues.

Yes, tickets from local authorities should not be ignored, but (unlike private ones) there is an appeals process in place, and it goes beyond what BF suggests above.

If the council rejects their informal challenge then they can make formal representations against the Notice To Owner when it arrives.

If the council rejects the formal representations then they will include a form so the case can be taken to the independent adjudicator, the Traffic Penalty Tribunal.

Again, this applies only to tickets from local authorities. Those from Private Parking Companies should be ignored, as should the empty threats that follow.

My bad.

But as you say what a pointless story

Pointless story indeed!

Your bad what? :confused:

When I visited the Childrens last week, the parking rules were not clear. It was not clear on entering the hospital that you needed to get a voucher.

When I visited the Childrens last week, the parking rules were not clear. It was not clear on entering the hospital that you needed to get a voucher.

But even if you didn't you would be able to appeal the ticket if you were visiting A&E, it's not really something to go bawling to The Star over!