Estate Agents Average FEEs

BUT don't be gulled into the scam of paying EA for the privilege of being referred to its 'pet' solicitor.

My house completed with Key2go yesterday. It only went on the market at the beginning of April. They were very friendly and offered lots of advice. They took great pictures and gave me feedback from viewings. I paid up front and never felt like i was treated second rate because of this.

I had Haybrooks round and Blundells before deciding which to go with. The much lower price of Key2go and the less pushy and friendly approach definitely swung it for me. I also spoke to a neighbour that just sold with Haybrook and they didn't really recommend them. It also turned out that I had more viewings with key2go than they did with Haybrook.

I think rightmove is the focus of most peoples property searches and so having good pictures, floorplans and write up is more important in selling than some of the other techniques the bigger agencies were describing (to explain their higher fees).

I would definitely recommend using a smaller agency.

There are some agents out there that are still offering No Sale No Fee with no up front charges (although I dont think that would include an EPC but not sure) and no withdrawal fees. Take a look around which company has the majority of boards in your area-SOLD ones though not so much for sale!!

Does anyone know who has the lowest fees at the moment with no upfront or remove from the market fees on Woodseats? cheers

Does anyone know who has the lowest fees at the moment with no upfront or remove from the market fees on Woodseats? cheers

'Lowest fee' does not usually mean 'best value for money'.

Anyone can charge a low fee, but what's its use if the service is inadequate?

My house completed with Key2go yesterday. It only went on the market at the beginning of April. They were very friendly and offered lots of advice. They took great pictures and gave me feedback from viewings. I paid up front and never felt like i was treated second rate because of this.

I would definitely recommend using a smaller agency.

Would you mind rating them on http://www.WhichPropertyAgent.co.uk/rating so that Key2go can benefit from their good service?

Plus you get access to a load of B&Q discounts for doing so!

Thanks

James.

Haybrooks want to charge me £1800 one off fee to sell my house

What are the average rates

i understand is it better to pay high to get the sale or pay peanuts to smaller firms but probaly wait 1 year to sell

??

Couldn't get a price from Haybrooks for selling until they came around and viewed the house. They wouldn't commit to a percentage ... not the way I do business I'm afraid!

'Lowest fee' does not usually mean 'best value for money'.

Anyone can charge a low fee, but what's its use if the service is inadequate?

Here here. I'll second that Jeffrey.

ANY agent can charge low fees but it takes a special kind of agent to consistently do a good job. Yes fees should be considered, of course they should, but they are not the be all and end all.

Sometimes in life it's true; you do get what you pay for!...but then again I do love a bargain! ;)

James

No matter who you go with, Haybrooks will bombard you with mailshots, key fobs, printed cards with messages which appear to the untrained eye to be personal hand written on the back of a business card. Its a misconception that people stand outside Crystal Peaks amongst the smoking fraternity viewing houses in the window ... most viewings are solicited from Righmove.co.uk