Is the Fox House pub at Darnall still standing ?

Hello Pat the chef, i think i know you, this is chicken les, hope you are keeping well in Burmuda. could do with some of that sun over here. LES

Good to hear from you Les, Not much sun over here at this time of the year,plenty of high winds and rain at the moment.Thought I might have seen a few more names that I recognised on here ,when reading through the attercliffe threads,I'm sure you've seen a few.

Regards Pat

Thank's Pat for your reply, did you know Bill was made redundant before xmas, well they got in touch just after xmas and he is back there on full time. So that's good news. I am now 68 so too old to work. all for now. LES

I knew the Fox House. Not as a customer but as a young lad who went from Attercliffe where I lived, to High Aisels park to play football. Shirland Lane, past the pub, was the best route. The park was the closest place where a group of young lads from the 'cliffe could find grass to play on. I went to Huntsmans Gardens school with a Kathleen McQuade (tall, red hair), who lived on the street right behind the Fox House,

The Fox House still stands its now painted bright red it's a imposeing building now used as a BB place. In the Full Monty film it is featured in a scene and the signage was still up at that time so it likely to have closed soon after.

I didn't realise it was in the full monty. If you go around the back the pub sign is still up!

I didn't realise it was in the full monty. If you go around the back the pub sign is still up!

If I remember right the actors walk past it and the pub can be seen in the shot. I don't think theirs any inside shots.

hi chicken les I remember you.my mum nd dad used the fox all the time.i used to stand outside as a snotty kid eating crisp nd pop from the offsales.think ernest nd winnie owned it, my uncle johnny medley used to go in as well. fat rosie lived nearby.the horans too.i used to go down to yre place past the garages.further down shirland lane was georgie the pigeon man.gud memories.